All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] PinballX 4.83 - Animated png file extension change

scutters

Hi Tom ,

As i understand it from PinballX 4.83 animated png's now need to use the .apng file extension rather than .png. 

A while back i did animated company logos (https://www.gameex.info/forums/files/file/2503-animated-company-logos/) which are a mix of gif and animated png files using the .png extension. The animated pngs are now static in 4.83 (gifs are fine), it's no biggy for me to change the file extensions to .apng - but when i tried that PinballX doesn't see the files (and uses the 'no image.png' instead). So i guess apng just needs adding as a valid file extension / type to other media types like it is now for wheel images.

Also, for info - will apngs be valid for all media areas in PinballX where pngs can currently be used? (i don't think people would use an apng table image when they can just use a video instead  but could be used for overlays etc i suppose so just handy to know where they will be valid)

Thanks

(if you need a log or config i'll post them, but i don't think they're needed for this one)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • scutters changed the title to [RESOLVED] PinballX 4.83 - Animated png file extension change
  • Draco1962 locked this topic