All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] GameExArcade (ver. current Nov 25/2020) dual monitor game screen swithching to marquee monitor.

funkydmunky

Hi folks. As stated I have a dual screen setup. Vertical for the GameExArcade and a horizontal to the marquee's.

Software loads and runs completely normally. I scroll and select game and when I launch game it switches from my main display (monitor 1) to my second display (monitor 2). Marquees work fine as well up until game is launched and it switches to that screen. I have disabled the marquee plug-in for testing and it performs the exact same action.

It just simply want to switch displays on game launch.

Any help appreciated.

GameEx.ini

There are no other marquee plugins that I am aware of that are still supported.

Did you look at the thread I linked to with a possible solution/work around for what you are encountering? It seems that the issue is within MAME and not GameEx proper since you report the same issue when launching from MAME directly.

Okay got it going. Made sure "Screens" under "advanced setup options" was set to defaults. I don't think this was the problem.

And played with display properties. It looked fine but wasn't working as noted. Disabled, re-enabled, reset resolutions, disabled extended desktop, enabled extended desktop etc..

Finally worked. So it was stuck on something I guess.

Thanks for the help offered. Always appreciated :)

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for reporting back! Did you recently have a Windows 10 update? They sometimes can wreck havoc on multiple displays settings depending upon the nature of the updates.

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] GameExArcade (ver. current Nov 25/2020) dual monitor game screen swithching to marquee monitor.