All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Light gun questions before purchase.

katuuuz

any way to make the crosshairs in nestopia disappear? i know in mame it's F1, or if not, is there an nes emulator you'd reccomend that can do so? i've only heard nestopia and fce ultra were worth having, but don't have fce ultra now that i have my light gun to see.

do you have to use the lightgun as a mouse in mame? i find that moving from one side of the screen to the other quickly takes the mouse pointer too long to follow and yes the speed on the mouse pointer is all the way up. i tried calaberating it a bunch of times, and it's pretty dead on, you just have to wait for the cursor to "catch up". i played police trainer for example with the cursor hidden, then wondering what the problem was un-hid the crosshairs and you can actually see it dragging behind, and it kinda floats past the point you stop at... this makes speed games, and accuracy a little off skew. wondering if anyone else has this problem, or a soloution.

do you have to use the lightgun as a mouse in mame? i find that moving from one side of the screen to the other quickly takes the mouse pointer too long to follow and yes the speed on the mouse pointer is all the way up. i tried calaberating it a bunch of times, and it's pretty dead on, you just have to wait for the cursor to "catch up". i played police trainer for example with the cursor hidden, then wondering what the problem was un-hid the crosshairs and you can actually see it dragging behind, and it kinda floats past the point you stop at... this makes speed games, and accuracy a little off skew. wondering if anyone else has this problem, or a soloution.

Don't quote me but I think that is for true light guns such as the act labs gun. The lcdtopgun, I believe is more like a mouse in the way it works so you may have to set up mame to see it as a mouse and increase the sensitivity settings within mame to get it to track quicker. But tearfully, I don't have mine yet so I can't test this for myself.

Jay T

Don't quote me but I think that is for true light guns such as the act labs gun. The lcdtopgun, I believe is more like a mouse in the way it works so you may have to set up mame to see it as a mouse and increase the sensitivity settings within mame to get it to track quicker. But tearfully, I don't have mine yet so I can't test this for myself.

Jay T

how do you configure the mouse sensitivity within mame? i went to control panel in windows and jacked the speed as high as it would go, but i think configuring it within mame also will solve my problems. i figured you could, but can't figure how to.

how do you configure the mouse sensitivity within mame? i went to control panel in windows and jacked the speed as high as it would go, but i think configuring it within mame also will solve my problems. i figured you could, but can't figure how to.

In the plain command prompt version of mame hit tab to get into the mame control panel and go into analog controls. Select lightgun sensitivity Y and sensitivity X and bump them up to what is comfortable to you. X is your horizontal movement and Y is your vertical movement. Increasing this should change the tracking speed of the crosshairs. I'm not sure if mame32 does this the same way but I'm guessing it does.

Jay T

In the plain command prompt version of mame hit tab to get into the mame control panel and go into analog controls. Select lightgun sensitivity Y and sensitivity X and bump them up to what is comfortable to you. X is your horizontal movement and Y is your vertical movement. Increasing this should change the tracking speed of the crosshairs. I'm not sure if mame32 does this the same way but I'm guessing it does.

Jay T

thanks for the tidbit jay t. WORKS GREAT NOW. i juiced all the x and y values to the highest point (255) and set the auto center up as high as it can go on both axis also. now when i sway the gun with the crosshairs showing on the screen, there's no lag. and setting the auto center all the way up makes the crosshairs stop dead when my gun does. setting the analog controls was definitely the tweaking i needed. i just played police trainer to test it, and it's on point man. can't thank you enough. hope yours gets to your house soon jay t, it's a blast.

...wondering if i should grab a 2nd one for player 2 before they are no longer available... it is mame plus that can handle the 2 guns right?

What do you mean... no longer available? Are they going out of business?!?! DAMMIT I NEED TO GET ONE!! But I need a job first. UHG!! Don't suppose anybody would be willing to help a fellow GameEx'r out and buy him one for christmas? (nudge nudge *wink*wink*)

What do you mean... no longer available? Are they going out of business?!?! DAMMIT I NEED TO GET ONE!! But I need a job first. UHG!! Don't suppose anybody would be willing to help a fellow GameEx'r out and buy him one for christmas? (nudge nudge *wink*wink*)

supposively, (stated on the site) there's a limmited amount of these guns made... and they are not being manufactured anymore due to a stipulation with sony. whatevers left is left amigo. if i were you i'd head down to the pawn shop with some uneeded things and try and get up the 36 dollars + shipping.

Yeah, but these guns aren't associated with Sony in any way.. Why would they stop manufacturing them? From what I understand, Lik-Sang got busted by Sony. But Lik-Sang is a very large company. My brother has a computer case from them. But the guns aren't made by them are they?

Yeah, but these guns aren't associated with Sony in any way.. Why would they stop manufacturing them? From what I understand, Lik-Sang got busted by Sony. But Lik-Sang is a very large company. My brother has a computer case from them. But the guns aren't made by them are they?

not sure, just going by what i heard. i'm not saying sony sued because of the gun (and it is compatible with sony's PS2) but it clearly states on the hkems.com (the company site of the lcd topgun) that production is limmited.

not sure, just going by what i heard. i'm not saying sony sued because of the gun (and it is compatible with sony's PS2) but it clearly states on the hkems.com (the company site of the lcd topgun) that production is limmited.

OK heres the deal. I bought one from the EMS website on the 22nd of Oct. Ems is the manufacturer of the lcdtopgun. I think I got confused when I said they were no longer being made because I got my money refunded on the 24th, but refunded from Lik-sang, the company thats being sued. I think EMS used Lik-sang as a store front to sell their product thus the confusion on my part. I was wrong in saying that the guns were no longer being made and I apologize for the confusion. I just wanted to clear this up before it got blown out of proportion. You can still find the gun at www.play-asia.com.

Jay T

Hi there,

i use Gameex about a year and this forum helped me a lot, just by reading. I finished my Cab 2 weeks ago. I also wanted a lightgun and bought the LCD-TopGun. Installation took about half an hour and it works pretty well in Mame. I found this page: http://wizardsworks.org/chod/gun/topgun.htm#install1 which helped me a lot.

U can play nearly any Mame Game using a Lightgun except a few... the cool ones ;-)

Has someone found out, if its possible to play Jurassic Park with it? It won't work :-( (like the page i posted says).

And i tried everything i could think of but i can't make it work with Fusion 3.60.

Anybody tried and got it?

Thanks a lot

Ben aka Nitewing

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english

Hi there,

i use Gameex about a year and this forum helped me a lot, just by reading. I finished my Cab 2 weeks ago. I also wanted a lightgun and bought the LCD-TopGun. Installation took about half an hour and it works pretty well in Mame. I found this page: http://wizardsworks.org/chod/gun/topgun.htm#install1 which helped me a lot.

U can play nearly any Mame Game using a Lightgun except a few... the cool ones ;-)

Has someone found out, if its possible to play Jurassic Park with it? It won't work :-( (like the page i posted says).

And i tried everything i could think of but i can't make it work with Fusion 3.60.

Anybody tried and got it?

Thanks a lot

Ben aka Nitewing

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english

Not sure, I'll check it out when I get my Topgun.

Jay T

yah i tried it, and it only works with the trackball or joystick. don't know why it doesn't register with the gun... possibly by turning down the sensativity? it's reading the gun, but just moving it slightly puts the cursor all the way in the side of the screen. if i have a chance to test that i will, but i'm headed for bed right now. if you try it let me know what it did.

yah i tried it, and it only works with the trackball or joystick. don't know why it doesn't register with the gun... possibly by turning down the sensativity? it's reading the gun, but just moving it slightly puts the cursor all the way in the side of the screen. if i have a chance to test that i will, but i'm headed for bed right now. if you try it let me know what it did.

Hi, i just found out, that in Jurassic Park, the Screen was splitted... the player 1 Gun scaned the left side of the screen while the gun 2 the right side scaned... mame can't do that... but there has to be a way... i mean, the lightgun is like a mouse... and not like a "Lightgun"...

someone tried Fusion yet?

go work at mcdonalds for a week lol. by the way jt, did your gun arrive yet?
Not yet. :-(

I should have paid the extra and had it expressed to me.

Jay T

My gun finally arrived yesterday. I'll be setting it up this weekend, or maybe tonight.

Jay T

I may get one what are some of the really fun games that it actually does work with.

Here is a list of Mame games it works with. I got this from the manufacturers website. Some of these have been confirmed not to work however, such as jurassic park. The gun also works with nintendo emus, super nintendo emus, pc games, and just about any console emulator out there that has light gun games.

Alien 3

Area 51

Bang

Beast Busters

Catch-22

Cheyenne

Chiller

Clay Pigeon

Combat

Crackshot

Crossbow

Desert Gun