All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Some vpx tables not launching

spamola

I have around 150 vpx tables all working when launching manually, but a few won't launch in PBX, (displays loading screen, then drops back to PBX). I'm using game manager to load tables, and it behaves the same way when launching from GM or when trying to create videos for these tables. Nothing is showing in the log. The log attached shows Attack from Mars being played, but doesn't log anything when I tried to launch Batman Dark Knight.

I test each table before loading in game manager to make sure it's working, and I've confirmed they still work outside PBX after I noticed the issue this morning. I've attached my pbx ini and the log file, let me know if there's any other info I can provide.

Thanks!

log.txt PinballX.ini

I've tried deleting and re-adding Batman Dark Knight, and no change. I was able to add and launch The Champion Pub with out issue, but others are failing just like BDK. They work fine outside PBX. Very puzzling.

Edited by spamola
spelling.

According to your log, you launched afm and after 1 1/2 minute the esc key was pressed.

Can you post a log file from batman that doesn't work ?

Btw. Did you test them outside vpx,by eunning them from command line ?

Is naming correct setup ?

Within Database Manager, file names will be checked if they are correct

1 minute ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

According to your log, you launched afm and after 1 1/2 minute the esc key was pressed.

Can you post a log file from batman that doesn't work ?

That's correct, I ran AFM for a bit, backed out to the table menu, and launched BDK, then closed PBX. I've attached a log from a session where only bdk was ran, but it doesn't show VPX ever being called.

log.txt

22 minutes ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

I don't see any launch of Visual Pinball.
That could indicate that the file was not found at all (so a naming issue ??)

I'm selecting the file in Game List Manager when I add it, (not typing it in or copy/pasting), and then leaving the name as is, and saving the list, just like I have with the rest of the tables. 

Here's the entry in Visual Pinball.xml:

<game name="Batman Dark Knight (Stern 2008)_Bigus(MOD)1.2.vpx">
		<description>Batman Dark Knight</description>
		<rom></rom>
		<manufacturer></manufacturer>
		<year></year>
		<type></type>
		<hidedmd>True</hidedmd>
		<hidetopper>True</hidetopper>
		<hidebackglass>True</hidebackglass>
		<enabled>True</enabled>
		<rating>0</rating>
	</game>

Is it possibly due to the parentheses is the filename? 

I dont understand why tbe extension is in the name. Maybe gamemanager changed that, but normally it wasnt there

Can you post your visual pinball.xml file as well ?

And post the output of your tables dir:

Dir /s /b (from your table dir)

• Like 1

The table archive was named with .vpx, and when I extracted it the folder was named Batman Dark Knight (Stern 2008)_Bigus(MOD)1.2.vpx I renamed the folder, deleted the game and re-added it, and the issue is resolved!

The pattern fits the other tables I'm having issues with as well.

A second pair of eyes always helps!

Thanks @Mike_da_Spike You have saved the day once again!