All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

I just figured out something pretty significant if your interested in technology.

Tom Speirs

I feel like this derailed because of my contribution about my brother's situation and how it ties in to everything happening in the world.  It's like, we're dealing with a GLOBAL infection issue, but then things got lopsided with the whole "black lives matter" BS (all lives matter IMO, not just blacks.. .and no, i'm not racist) and dis-empower police nonsense.  I mean hell, my home town is Columbus, Ohio, and they tore down anything relating to Christopher Columbus to prevent offense.  But to change the name to "Flavortown" because Guy Fieri is from here is absurd.  This world has just gone batshit crazy.  But yeah, sorry for my initial derailment.  :)

3 hours ago, hansolo77 said:

I feel like this derailed because of my contribution about my brother's situation and how it ties in to everything happening in the world.  It's like, we're dealing with a GLOBAL infection issue, but then things got lopsided with the whole "black lives matter" BS (all lives matter IMO, not just blacks.. .and no, i'm not racist) and dis-empower police nonsense.  I mean hell, my home town is Columbus, Ohio, and they tore down anything relating to Christopher Columbus to prevent offense.  But to change the name to "Flavortown" because Guy Fieri is from here is absurd.  This world has just gone batshit crazy.  But yeah, sorry for my initial derailment.  :)

Too late, it's thoroughly derailed.

Train Crash GIFs | Tenor

People are not crazy, they're misinformed and emotional. This is a reality that too few people accept. Reason does not rule the world, emotion does! That's what politicians manipulate. And network news is mostely captured by political factions.

Try to remember the news is an entertainment business. They sell emotion. Fear is the good seller. Anger is good too. Both at the same time is best. Social media and the perception of safety behind a screen allow people to publish their emotional reactions globally. Social media is just a forum for people to process information, bounce ideas off each other, and come to a conclusion about how they truly feel. A lot of it is emotional bull$hit, overreaction, trolling, or outright manipulation. I think that most people understand that. Interview a person on the street and they tell you what they really think. Since they're on camera and face to face, you'll get a measured response - not the overblown emotional one you get on social media. Social media is not news, it's quick to judge and slow to forgive, because it's the court of public opinion. Except it's worse because people say shit they don't mean when behind a screen. People watch a 30 second video out of context and the narrative is driven by optics and the emotion it elicits. That sells TV time  (gets views). Context, evidence, and the truth have nothing to do with it. But once the news reports it, it somehow legitimizes the issue and it becomes more real. 90% of what the news reports now is inflated by the emotional reactions on social media - as if it means something. And sadly, these narratives are often deemed news worthy depending on political entanglements.

Unbiased news is harder to come by these days, but just because there's more crap than there ever used to be doesn't mean unbiased journalism doesn't exist.  You just have to train your mind to know when something is Trumped up Bull$hit.