All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Underlays squished ?

Mike_da_Spike

I thought with the latest version of PinballX that the over and underlays where not squished 
I'm running a 4k resolution (3840 x 2160) on my playfield. 
I have underlays that has the resolution 949x2160

But in PBX the underlay looks squished (not sure if that is a correct word)
for example the underlay looks like :

image.thumb.png.f1a5d0e6e025bd3f921c6a50835100af.png

check the round part (I received this from a friend and not able to share, that's why I put some red stripes in it)

but in PBX it looks like :

image.thumb.png.7358165112a508d692884f2c40ef0580.png

Is this normal behavior and should I make all pictures 3840 x 2160 instead of 949x2160 ?

PinballX.inilog.txt

When changing the underlay to 3840*2160 and in PBX setting set to "Stretch underlay images" to No, it shows like this :
(so definitely is stretched)

strechted.thumb.png.1aaefd0c5d45d75a76dc69c63faa822d.png

(yes, it is under the text :P )
Setting the option : stretch underlay images to Yes, it shows correctly (only all out of balance, but thats my issue)

nostrechted.thumb.png.e797b0364d279efd49e783596f7ca592.png

But this is only why I create a full image (same size as playfield)

Ok. Understand, but if I have a picture of 3840 x 2160pixels, displayed on the same resolution, why is the image so tiny , if the stretch underlay is set to no ?

I'm already in progress to modify them, and looks must better to set the stretch underlay to yes.

Thanks for this update !

Set to No is just the old original support. So its only going to work with existing underlays. Its not a new feature.

I cant obviously program PinballX to know what is in the image, right, So there is the existing support and support for new ones.

Yes. Name is misleading. Not sure what the old version did with the size. If it is 1:1 it is squished completly to a tiny pic.

I just think that v2 is a setting the picture to 'full screen' , but as I said, not sure what v1 is doing

I am terrible in defining names, sorry for that

As long as you use an image that has the same aspect ratio as your monitor the image will be shown 1:1 in the new version! If you want to use an old image with the new mode you have to insert it into a new image with the same aspect ratio as your monitor (1080X1920 for example), position and / or stretch it the way you want it inside that image. This will enable you to fit the small wheels inside the arc or you can place a graphic under the big wheel in the center if you want. That is not possible with the old vrsion.