All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] GameEX x RetroArch x Command Line x .BAT and .EXE files

Alan Ribas

Good afternoon guys.

I'm setting up RetroArch to work with GameEx. Basically I have been successful in all emulators with the exception of the PHILIPS CDI system.
For this system I created .bat files with command lines to start the game.
Everything works fine when I run these .bat files. But when I try to run them through GameEX it doesn't work.

I tried to work around the problem by converting the .bat files to .exe. Again outside of gameex it works. But when trying to run these executables again, GameEx does not start it.

The games I try to run are at the address:    D: \ Games \ RetroArch \ system \ cdimono1

Could you help me?
.......................................................................................................................................................................................

I saw it in another post with a user that even managed to solve his problem but I didn't understand the solution he wrote.

"I had the batch file in a seperate path, therefore it didn't work."

Ps....I attached the .bat and .exe files if they are useful for you to tell me how I can solve the problem.

Dimo's Quest.exe Dimo's Quest.bat

1 hour ago, Draco1962 said:

Attach your gameex.ini and log.txt files from after your launch attempt  please.

Hello Draco1962 !!!

Thank you very much! As always very helpful in helping me.
I was walking around my house thinking about it and came up with the idea:
I was using this command line to run the .exe file
retroarch.exe -L ". \ cores \ mame_libretro.dll" "[ROMPATH] \ [ROMFILE]" -f
It is obviously not going to work. For such a command line was also present in the executable. So it should all become a mess of nonsense command lines trying to be executed.
I just changed it to "[ROMPATH] \ [ROMFILE]" and as expected the game started normally.
Wow!! I was happy now.:banana:

Thank you man for always answering my help requests!:lol:

• Like 1