All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Attract MOde doesn't work anymore

flocke28

hi all,

since few update the attract mode doesn't work anymore. Te command line add an additional drive path.

command from log-file

cmd.exe /c C:  C:\Emulators\Mame\MameUI64.exe popeye -rompath D:\mame\roms  -keyboardprovider dinput -artpath artworkgameex

first C: is to much.. if i enter the complete line in the cli nothing happend. Only cmd.exe /c C:\Emulators\Mame\MameUI64.exe popeye -rompath D:\mame\roms  -keyboardprovider dinput -artpath artworkgameex starts mame.

please also check the auto update. i don't receive update messages in GameEx anymore but is enabled in the ini-file

log.txt GameEx.ini

Please download and install v16.41 over the top of your current install of v16.40.

If you are still experiencing the same problem, report back and attach new copies of your gameex.ini and log.txt files for review.

If this suggestion resolves the problem, let us know as well. Thanks.

Hi Tom,

i use the same setup xince many any years ago. I tried to disable the plugins but also mame in attract mode wont start.

are you sure that the commaand line to start mame is correct? i entered the line in command window and nothing happend.. only if i delete the 1st driveletter C: then starts mame

please take a look at the error message in the 3th line

06:20:16.57  10.05.2020:  Running: cmd.exe /c C: C:\Emulators\Mame\MameUI64.exe pingpong -rompath D:\mame\roms  -keyboardprovider dinput -artpath artworkgameex
06:20:23.33  10.05.2020:  Exception occured running Attract Mode
06:20:23.34  10.05.2020:  Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
06:20:23.36  10.05.2020:     bei GameEx.GameEx.MainForm.b(Boolean A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2, Boolean A_3)
06:20:23.37  10.05.2020:     bei GameEx.GameEx.MainForm.z(Boolean A_0)

log.txt GameEx.ini

HI Tom,

the Extender cause this issue.. Can you fix it? if it disabled then attract mode works well.

Could you plaese also check why i don't get Update messegaes in gameex and wich part downladed album covers in C:\GameEx\MEDIA\ALBUMS. i need to disable this feature. I can't found something n the ini

thank you very much

GameEx.ini log.txt

HI Tom.. Attract Mode works again.

But could you please check the audio-settings "Download Album/DVD". It is disabled but GameEx loads still album covers to C:\GameEx\MEDIA\ALBUMS

thank you vewry much

GameEx.ini