All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball FX2 table locks up (never loads) using backglass support using DOFLINX

jlvandusen@msn.com

I am stuck with a issue on my Pinball FX2 backglasses using DOFLINX

Looking for assistance from any users out there trying to use DOFLINX with directb2s backglasses with Pinball FX2.

NOTE: I have a fully functioning PinballX, VPx, FP using DOF and B2S Backglass Server 1.3.0.4

Example: AlienIsolationPinball.directb2s is stored in the DOFLINX FX2 folder and when in pinballx it shows...

The issue I have been having is... 

I tried to play around with backglasses for Pinball FX2 where these are the dynamic backglasses (directb2s) used by DOFLINX... not png.

when I turn off reposition of DMD and Backglass within Pinball FX2... the table never loads.. the backglass may show or it may not but the table is stuck loading.

1. I can exit back to pinballx.
  2. If I enable reposition backglass, the table loads but no Backglass and no DMD
  3. if I enable reposition DMD as well.. just the DMD shows.
  4. I am stuck... if I turn both on and remove the directb2s files the png files I still have in the stream folder load just fine. 

Thank you in advance

Attached are my DOFlinx.log and pinballx.ini files

What occurs is DOFLINX log sees the table and tried to load the backglass... the backglass appears to be loaded with a frozen DMD in front..

however the table never loads (see next reply).

NOTE: Visual Pinball X loads fine with backglasses as well as Future Pinball.

Here is my DOFLinx.ini

# 0 = OFF (normal operation), 1 = ON - When ON a window will appear and a log file will be created in the EXE directory.
DEBUG=0
DEBUG_TCP_PORT=8001

# location of your standard DOF outut configuration file
DIRECTOUTPUTCONFIG=D:\Emulators\DirectOutput\config\directoutputconfig40.ini
DIRECTOUTPUTGLOBAL=D:\Emulators\DirectOutput\config\GlobalConfig_b2sServer.xml
PATH_FX2=D:\Emulators\DirectOutput\FX2\
PATH_FX3=D:\Emulators\DirectOutput\FX3\
PATH_FX2_B2S=D:\Emulators\DirectOutput\FX2_B2S\
PATH_FX3_B2S=D:\Emulators\DirectOutput\FX3_B2S\
PATH_B2S_SERVER=D:\Emulators\Visual Pinball\Tables\
AUTO_MX=0

DOFLinx.ini DOFLinx.log

PinballX.ini

45 minutes ago, Outhere said:

Try Run FX2 in wiondows full screen

With FX2 a lot of people have hard time getting the back glass to work through doflinx including myself I just use videos

How do you configure the videos?  I have the mp4s as well although I would love to have the backglasses work... :(

17 minutes ago, Outhere said:

Do not use reposition of Backglass within Pinball FX2
Put the videos in Pinballx, Backglass folder for FX2  and in game manager uncheck hide backglass

so place the mp4s with same names into the videos for FX2 under PinballX

and empty out the FX2_B2S folder under DOFLINX correct?

I run PinballX, FX2 / 3 and DOFLinx (obviously :D) as standard on my cabinet, so I am sure your setup will work.  I have the backglass disabled and the DMD repositioned to a third screen.

There are two parts to think about here;

1) The loading of the B2S correctly

2) FX2 Starting up OK

Is this a matter of focus?  ie if you Alt-Tab do you find the running game?  If so there are options for this as well (FX2_FOCUS=)

Here are a couple of suggested tests to help diagnose where the issue may be;

1) Set DEBUG=1 in DOFLinx.INI and use the right-click Test B2S option to try loading and running an effect within a B2S backglass.  (Note this test routine does use the FX3 B2S path for its back glasses - same test though)

2) If you start FX2 from a command line with the arguments to start a game immediately what do you get?

3) Set DEBUG=2 and run the entire sequence, this will log all the activities from DOFLinx through the sequence - I doubt there will be anything telling, but it will help more than the very short DEBUG=0 log you have so far.

22 hours ago, Outhere said:

Try Run FX2 in wiondows full screen

With FX2 a lot of people have hard time getting the back glass to work through doflinx including myself I just use videos

14 hours ago, DDH said:

I run PinballX, FX2 / 3 and DOFLinx (obviously :D) as standard on my cabinet, so I am sure your setup will work.  I have the backglass disabled and the DMD repositioned to a third screen.

There are two parts to think about here;

1) The loading of the B2S correctly

2) FX2 Starting up OK

Is this a matter of focus?  ie if you Alt-Tab do you find the running game?  If so there are options for this as well (FX2_FOCUS=)

Here are a couple of suggested tests to help diagnose where the issue may be;

1) Set DEBUG=1 in DOFLinx.INI and use the right-click Test B2S option to try loading and running an effect within a B2S backglass.  (Note this test routine does use the FX3 B2S path for its back glasses - same test though)

2) If you start FX2 from a command line with the arguments to start a game immediately what do you get?

3) Set DEBUG=2 and run the entire sequence, this will log all the activities from DOFLinx through the sequence - I doubt there will be anything telling, but it will help more than the very short DEBUG=0 log you have so far.

So far

I have all the directb2s files that are supposedly FX2 located in the FX2_b2s folder under directoutput

I have the path set to point to that for FX2 backglasses

I have turned off reposition for both DMD and backglass in FX2 with no change... it just locks

I tried ALT+TAB and the selected window for FX2 playfield is the screen you see above with loading on it...

NOTE: if I remove the directb2s files from the folder and load the board... it loads fine but without backglass....

I dont understand the right click test backglass - is that using the backglass menu or do you mean with DOFLINX right click testing?