All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Has anyone setup GameLoader games (TTX etc) succesfully in GameEx?

Endprodukt

So I love my Mame game ex setup but getting it to work correctly with my GameLoader games (which all run with .lnk just fine under windows!!!) is hell. 

The problems are super different:

- Some games will start, but the screen stays black. Can hear sound, game is running in the background

- Some games start, then go back to GameEx, then go back to the game. If I exit the game, GameEx will remain minimized
- Vertical games that need rotation by GameLoader will try to load, then give a long Error from GameLoader, then return to GameEx. 

The way it's setup is by having a single emulator that runs the .lnk from a folder. Again, the .lnk all work outside of GameEx. 

Maybe someone went through the same problems?

Can you attach copies oglf your gameex.ini and log.txt files?

Also, a link to GameLoader and a brief description of the app regarding. Thanks.

P.S. Have you looked here?

Getting Taito Type X running via GameEx is a bear, and even though there are lots of things to do, @stigzler's app is the only thing that comes close to getting it right.

Not for the faint of heart no matter which direction you choose to go.

• 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, stigzler said:

You're very welcome. Don't mention it. 

o.O

What I'm saying is that the whole set works fine without game ex. I don't see why we should change a perfectly running system. Thanks for your effort anyways.

Game Loader offers a much broader variety of options for upscaling etc.

17 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

Are we OK to close this thread, then?

Uhm...I guess I just look for another frontend if Gameloader is not supported?

17 minutes ago, Endprodukt said:

What I'm saying is that the whole set works fine without game ex. I don't see why we should change a perfectly running system. Thanks for your effort anyways.

Game Loader offers a much broader variety of options for upscaling etc.

Uhm...I guess I just look for another frontend if Gameloader is not supported?

I think maybe there was a misunderstanding on my part, so my apologies. You are attempting to get Gameloader to launch via GameEx as its own emulator. Gameloader would require command line support to invoke it via GameEx (and most any other frontend for that matter) which I do not believe that it does.

What I referenced was an alternative to Gameloader which works very well as an emulator via GameEx. It does require a little work to setup but once done, integrates nicely into GameEx.

I believe this may have come up once before in an unresolved thread from a few years ago:

No need to apologize! Your English is fine. I misread your original post and took us in a slightly different direction from your intent, but fortunately we ended in a good spot and a possible alternative.

• 2 weeks later...

Gameloader just injects some code into the game exe. He could just update his exe with gameloader whilst still using TypeXtra, which I know dovetails well with GameEx. There's even a GameEx specific setup guide for TypeX in the documentation.