All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Backglass recording with the new integrated recorder

vogliadicane

Basically, I like it. Very handy.

One thing, that doesn't work with my setup is: Backglass Videos are cropped after recording.

My Display setup is like this:

grafik.png.e6ed1067d1b5d3e1158d626f14bb8dbf.png

Display 2 is the BG display and the green area is what I really use and what you see. Because I have some blind in front of my monitor to keep an aspect ratio of (average)  4:3.

The problem:

Now, if I record videos, they are recorded, but when shown in PBX, they are cropped like this:

grafik.png.517fbf794d320ce82fa0c64b3b6eefad.png

In my opinion, they were recorded for the whole Display 2 (my opinion: wrong), but after that show off only for the area, I defined in PBX (my opinion: right).

That never happened for me with PBX recorder. So my conclusion: The built in recorder does NOT consider area values (from VPX, PBX or whatever), but only Display values from windows.

This is definitely not meant as basic criticism, more like helping out for bugs...

Well to be honest, thought about the same workaround. Worst case for me would be, that I must record ALL BG videos again, also those, that worked before (Pinball FX in my case).

I can't define different BG values for VPX only, right?

Edit: correction, forgot, that I cannot record new videos from FX2. So I would have to add the extra space left amd right to my FX2 videos. Must see, if I find a good program to do that in batch?

Edit 2: Just tried like you proposed, Tom and it does NOT work unfortunately. I had PBX setup to use the whole BG display and recorded 2 BGs. Seems, when BG is started for recording it uses PBX values instead of VPX. Then the video is hidden behind the blind.

Just saw, it does also take PBX values, when LAUNCHING a table from PBX. So that solution is not suitable for my setup even when not recording videos...

PinballX.ini log.txt

5 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

and put it back after?

ok oversaw this. Sure, that works, but is a lot of work doing that for each single video capture.  Wouldn't the cleanest solution be, to take the x and y value in display settings into account, when recording? I mean these values are settable, so why ignore? There are some people, who turn a 16:9 display turned 90 degree half of the display sunken into the cab - and use only the upper half as BG, which is not a rare case like mine. Those would also benefit.

• 1 month later...

Any news on this? I could downgrade to an older version to solve my problem, in case this will never be addressed. Otherwise I would wait,  cause I'd surely miss some of the new features.

Btw, cool that my proposal of different actions (start table/menu) for long or short press of the start button finally found its way into PBX. I suggested it the other way round, but it is also handy as it is now.