All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

New Theme WIP Questions

firebrand_X

hey firebrand X

cant you do a blue themed theme next time?

i really like the theames theyre amazing but i hate dark background. i always get that depressed feeling you know. so if you have the time and so on sometime. maby a light positive and blue sky/water thing could be done :)

peace and keep up all the good work!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey firebrand X

cant you do a blue themed theme next time?

i really like the theames theyre amazing but i hate dark background. i always get that depressed feeling you know. so if you have the time and so on sometime. maby a light positive and blue sky/water thing could be done :)

peace and keep up all the good work!

black/really dark backgrounds are many times easier to work with when making a theme its harder to spot rough edges and easier to make the combined stuff looking more smooth.

but try look at the Theme-site there are some blue themes and you might be something you will find usefull :)

black/really dark backgrounds are many times easier to work with when making a theme its harder to spot rough edges and easier to make the combined stuff looking more smooth.

but try look at the Theme-site there are some blue themes and you might be something you will find usefull :)

Yeah, black themes are easier to hide 'imperfections', plus the elements stand out more.

And Night does have some pretty sweet blue-themes, especially the new 'Cell' one he's working on.

i only chekked out the standard themes recived from gameex. only other homebrew theme ive seen is firebrandeds.

'

hmm i chekked a bit but i don think i have seen nights. anyone could poste me some links for some blut themes to check out?

i really like the artstyle of firebrandX though.

well

l8ter!

i only chekked out the standard themes recived from gameex. only other homebrew theme ive seen is firebrandeds.

'

hmm i chekked a bit but i don think i have seen nights. anyone could poste me some links for some blut themes to check out?

i really like the artstyle of firebrandX though.

well

l8ter!

sorry for taking getting alittle off topic here Firebrand X

but the link are : http://themes.gameex.net/

my projects link are are : http://themes.gameex.net/Night.html <-- i hope to have the "AllInOne" done before X-mas the force for that theme will be im trying to have a custom background for all known system

Hey night, for the "AllInOne", could you make another one for GameBoyAdvance so that the system pic is the SP? Maybe you could include both versions in your final set, call it like Ver1 and Ver2 or something.

some will have more than 1set like Atari 2600 so its not only for adults :)

and im working on a second for Dreamcast as well...

afcouse thats the charaters not the system

if i understand it right its the handheld picture you wants changed right ?

and thx amos for the nice words it always gives one a boost to finish a thing when you get compliments :)

Night

So when this is completed, how will we be able to use it? Since they're individual backgrounds and not necessarily a theme. Would we have to go in and set a custom background for every emulator? And what about the Video & Jukebox's... I didn't think there was a custom background option for those.

the "AllInOne" Theme will contain as well Custom Backgrounds for Video & Jukebox as well i think that will be the first theme having that if none beats me to it afcouse :P damn so many differents custom backgrounds still to do ..

i keep updating the preview picture (the large Screen shot) so you can see the process on the Theme-Site and if possible give me feedback as well im really open for any suggestions you all should have :)

So when this is completed, how will we be able to use it? Since they're individual backgrounds and not necessarily a theme. Would we have to go in and set a custom background for every emulator? And what about the Video & Jukebox's... I didn't think there was a custom background option for those.

in my oppion its a theme the layout are changed the taskbar are changed (but i might redo it becouse im not happy with it) and i have taken a high res. charater from a game to each system.

so all are changed from the org. default GameEx theme.

in all theme folders are a "videobak.png & jukeboxbak.png" so i assume it can have a custom background as the emulators can the differents you need to edit the Theme.ini to get the right backgorund for your setting where the jukeboxBAK and videoBAK gameex are using as default...

i hope to have it done before Xmas i cant give a precise date becouse there still are alot of backgrounds to do

• 1 month later...

Version 1.2 is out.

The only real difference between the original and the 'upgrade' is the following:

- Added BAKs to the following consoles:

- Atari Lynx

- Sony PSP

- PS2

- XBox

- Nintendo DS

- Nintendo GameCube

- Did a slight revision with the mediabar buttons

- Some slight revisions with a few PNGs (both Icons and BAKs)

Changes were 'slight', but no worries, I'm planning on doing more than this for future 'upgrades'. Eventually I'll start adding BAKs for older systems, so unless you know a DS or PS2 emulator that's showing promise, or if you desperately need an Atari Lynx bak, there's not yet a need to download Valhalla all over again.