All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

RetroMini

Draco1962

Yea, there's been a lot of upset individuals over at one of the the Retropie facebook groups I'm a member of because of this little device.  Apparently these guys are taking credit for the work of others and selling it for a profit.  They're not exactly a fair company.  But hey, if you want the quick fix NOW (pending shipping) rather than build your own, go for it.

^^ this on the heels of the announcement that the PS Classic is using PSCX ReARMed...

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/11/sony-using-open-source-emulator-for-playstation-classic-plug-and-play/

None of those things is illegal if they disclose it publicly...

Same thing happened to the NESmini builders facebook group a few years ago. A Chinese company strait up copied the PCB design and setup a website to sell the kits. They even told people to download the firmware from the original teams server! WTF!

This kind of thing is all too common. Unless you copyright everything and have enough money to sue, you will not be able to compete. It's fun in the early days when it's about the challenge of creating something with friends, but when the money starts flying so does the shiz...strait for the nearest fan.

I like the nod to the PCSX team. There really is no need to make a 1st party emulator, accept the gift and acknowledge the contribution. I think it bodes well for hacking it. I'm a bit worried they left a few surprises in there though. The lack of a dualshock controller may suggest that port is incapable of supporting one. It does look like a standard usb port though, so maybe it will be easier to use. The hackchi team has expressed their intention to crack it, so we'll see.