All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[Resolved] Gameex v.15.10 and mame .184 gamelist problem.

coda514

Hi all. I am new to gameex and it has been a wonderful frontend. I had everything working great, then I downgraded to Mame .184 for some game compatibility issues. When I relaunched Gameex, it required me to update list. Now it shows every mame game there is instead of just what I have installed. Im not sure if the problem lies with Mame or Gameex. When i launch mame and select available it only shows the games I have. Does mame store a list of games that I need to rebuild to only show whats available? Am i missing something in the gameex config? Please help, this is frustrating,

So I found the setting that says only show installed games, that helped somewhat. I still have a couple games showing up that I dont have installed and I never had to tick that option before. It seems like a mame data file or some file is reporting that I have a complete romset. I just dont know here it is or how to reset it.

Hi Coda,

Glad you are liking GameEx.

Your Mame version should match the version of your roms. I have not heard of extra games showing up if they do not match, but the list will likely be shorter. However, having mismatched versions does tend to make troubleshooting this sort of thing more difficult. What Mame are you using (official build/self built/MameUI/etc)? And do your roms match?

We will want to retrigger the Mame gamelist to build itself and capture the log. Please recheck the values you have set in the MAME Settings > Advance Mame Settings from Only Working Games through No Clones and make any changes you feel are needed to get the list you want. If you do change any of the settings in the Mame Settings, GameEx should automatically prompt you to rebuild the gamelist the next time you enter the Mame section in GameEx. Otherwise, you will want to set Enable/Disable Features > Hide Update List to No so you can trigger it yourself. Do keep in mind that it can take a little time to generate the list. It depends on your PC, the number of games, and your parameters. Expect up to 10 minutes, perhaps even 20. After the list is done, exit  GameEx and go to the GameEx\LOG folder and grab a copy of the log.txt file in case you need to post it. Next, run GameEx and look over the list.

If the list looks good, well, cool.   :)     ...but if there are games that appear in your list that you do not have, pick a few out and double-check your rom folder to make sure there is no file there.  

Then post your gameex.ini file (found in GameEx\CONFIG) and the log.txt file you captured earlier. Just drag and drop them in a reply to the thread. Also give some examples of the roms you double-checked that are appearing that should not (title names and their related roms).

2 hours ago, RedDog said:

Hi Coda,

Glad you are liking GameEx.

Your Mame version should match the version of your roms. I have not heard of extra games showing up if they do not match, but the list will likely be shorter. However, having mismatched versions does tend to make troubleshooting this sort of thing more difficult. What Mame are you using (official build/self built/MameUI/etc)? And do your roms match?

We will want to retrigger the Mame gamelist to build itself and capture the log. Please recheck the values you have set in the MAME Settings > Advance Mame Settings from Only Working Games through No Clones and make any changes you feel are needed to get the list you want. If you do change any of the settings in the Mame Settings, GameEx should automatically prompt you to rebuild the gamelist the next time you enter the Mame section in GameEx. Otherwise, you will want to set Enable/Disable Features > Hide Update List to No so you can trigger it yourself. Do keep in mind that it can take a little time to generate the list. It depends on your PC, the number of games, and your parameters. Expect up to 10 minutes, perhaps even 20. After the list is done, exit  GameEx and go to the GameEx\LOG folder and grab a copy of the log.txt file in case you need to post it. Next, run GameEx and look over the list.

If the list looks good, well, cool.   :)     ...but if there are games that appear in your list that you do not have, pick a few out and double-check your rom folder to make sure there is no file there.  

Then post your gameex.ini file (found in GameEx\CONFIG) and the log.txt file you captured earlier. Just drag and drop them in a reply to the thread. Also give some examples of the roms you double-checked that are appearing that should not (title names and their related roms).

Hi RedDog, thanks for the reply. I reinstalled and all is well. Everything matches as it should. I believe what happened is I tried to use clrmamepro and I think it generated a new list because it seems yo assumethat you have a complete romset. Either way, its working as it should now, Thanks again for your response.