All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Missing Games with MAME 0185

GoPenguins

Can you please attach copies of your gameex.ini and log.txt files in reply to this thread for us to review?

I have an idea or two what may be happening but we need these files to avoid second guessing. Thanks!

My guess is that you have Game Filter enabled. You will need to load the Setup Wizard after you identify the ROM names of the missing games and add them in to your Advanced MAME section under Dont Filter these ROMS separated by a semi-colon ; . As an alternative, you can add them manually to the following line in your gameex.ini file as follows:

DoNotFilterROMS=aburner;pacman;redbaron;redbarona;splatter;qbert;qbertqub;jungleby;jungleh;junglehbr;junglek; junglekas;junglekj2

This is, of course, from my setup. For yours, you will probably add tempest1r;tempest2;tempest3 depending on the ROM names you have in your collection.

Let me know if this helps.

I have 0185 romset (Split) and also using Mame 0.185. I can confirm that any of the revisions of Tempest will not show up in GameEx. I noted this when I updated to .185 because it's one of my faves and couldn't find it. Adding the rom names to the Dont Filter these ROMS line does make them reappear but like GoPenguins. I'm wondering why I'd have to do this? 

As was noted by me and @Adultery, if you enable filtering, there will be some ROMs that get caught up in the process if ther filtering. Could be imperfect or some other flag in the dat file for the ROM.

So your choices are disable filtering, or occasionally put some ROM names in the Don't Filter section as instructed. This is going to happen and this option is here for that purpose.

• Like 1