All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Can I start Gameex on a certain emulator?

mamemaniac

28 minutes ago, RedDog said:

In GameEx, yes. The parameter is called Enable/Disable Features > Fix to Emulator and can set the front end to be dedicated to one emulator in the Setup Emulator Section.

In GameEx Arcade Edition (which I assume you are using), so. This might not be a bad idea for a feature request though...

You can manually change this within the GameEx Arcade's gameex.ini file by editing the following line and resaving your gameex.ini file:

FixToEmuList=0 (0 is the default setting change to 1, 2, 3, etc.)

This will take you directly to the emulator's wheel menu. 

The pros for this approach:

- Very clean. If you only have MAME installed as an emulator, for example, you go straight to the MAME wheel.

The caveats are:

- This does not allow for you to select an emulator or online service that is part of the integrated system support (i.e., MAME, DAPHNE, ZiNC, Steam, Uplay), only those systems you have setup via the Emulator Setup section of the Setup Wizard.

- You are locked to the one emulator and cannot navigate to others you may have loaded.

- You are unable to perform any other searches by genre, random game, and some other features.

As RedDog noted, this would be a good item to suggest as a Feature request for inclusion in the Setup Wizard under the Enable/Disable Features section.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Draco1962 said:

You can manually change this within the GameEx Arcade's gameex.ini file by editing the following line and resaving your gameex.ini file:

FixToEmuList=0 (0 is the default setting change to 1, 2, 3, etc.)

This will take you directly to the emulator's wheel menu.

I've tried to manually change features from time to time within the config file for GameEx Arcade, but it generally didn't do anything; so I am surprised that this works. I was not aware. Good call.

If this option is intended to work with GameEx Arcade, it really should be added to the Setup Wizard GUI. Users should not need to manually edit a config file.

I think you got lucky that it works to be fair. I highly doubt it was intentionally added to require user intervention on notepad.

Since it does though, you're right, we should add it to the Wizard.

As I mentioned above, you can only dedicate the front end to an emulator in the Setup Emulator Section.

You would have to set up Daphne in that section (and to be honest, I am not sure how that would be done, if it can be done. I have not tried it myself).

47 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

1000 for Daphne, 0 for MAME.

I tried to change the value to one of the other emu numbers, such as 1000 for Daphne, and it does not work for me. Also, the default value of 0 takes it to the main menu where you have to select Arcade to enter MAME.

On 12/17/2017 at 6:11 PM, Tom Speirs said:

1000 for Daphne, 0 for MAME.

I tried 1000 in the ini file. It didn’t work for me. 

Is it possible to start Gameex right into the Daphne emulator wheel. 

I’m trying to make a Daphne arcade machine. Please help me community....

I added my +1 to yours and request for all integrated emulators and online services that do not occupy a standard emulator slot. May as well shoot for the stars - may make it to the moon but that's OK.