All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

anyone have a problem getting robotron to run?

stephenp1983

I can get it to load up through gameex, but it stops at the screen FACTORY SETTINGS RESTORED. It just sits there after this. I hadn't tried it in mame32 yet but I will later.

Hi,

I had this issue too with Williams games (Defender, Robotron and Bubbles): I switched the rom I was using to a different colour (Red label, Blue label, etc) and it worked fine. I'm not sure, but maybe the version of MAME you are using doesn't support some of the roms?

Anyway, hope that helps.

JohnnyG

I've tried both the yellow/orange label as well as the sold blue label. There the only two I have. I am using a set of 106 roms upgraded from 105. I'm also using mame32. Neither work however. They just startup and stall at that screen. Let me try the other games to see what they do.

I've tried both the yellow/orange label as well as the sold blue label. There the only two I have. I am using a set of 106 roms upgraded from 105. I'm also using mame32. Neither work however. They just startup and stall at that screen. Let me try the other games to see what they do.

Found the solution. All three of those games you mentioned stall. I press random buttons until I discovered that pressing F2 caused it to start the game. I have no idea what that input is in mame32, but its working now, thanks for the input on the other games.

Found the solution. All three of those games you mentioned stall. I press random buttons until I discovered that pressing F2 caused it to start the game. I have no idea what that input is in mame32, but its working now, thanks for the input on the other games.

No probs, although I don't think I really helped you at all!

I kind of remember that F2 is for entering the dip switches on the cabinets, so maybe once you tell the rom it's working (by pressing F2 and getting past the Factory Default Reset message), it saves it and doesn't need to do it againg next time round. Kinda like pressing "OK" the first time a rom is run?

JohnnyG

No probs, although I don't think I really helped you at all!

I kind of remember that F2 is for entering the dip switches on the cabinets, so maybe once you tell the rom it's working (by pressing F2 and getting past the Factory Default Reset message), it saves it and doesn't need to do it againg next time round. Kinda like pressing "OK" the first time a rom is run?

JohnnyG

yeah I notice that after I did it once, that rom and all of the other versions were running right after I started them.