All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

User Submitted Themes & Media (Uploads)

Tom Speirs

Just a quick mock-up of a 'no images available' screen I made to take advantage of the new GameEx feature. I'll be customizing them for each system in a while, but for now here's one for all of them. Enjoy!

post-680-0-25753700-1289324194_thumb.png

• Like 1

Here is are the vertical and horizontal bezels I created for use with the Carbon & Steel theme I created and am using currently. I replaced the original bezels for both the games in play as well as the attract mode screensaver to keep the feel of the theme throughout.

Be sure to rename the mame - horizontal.png to mame.png and place in the BEZEL directory.

post-5872-0-89761100-1289749948_thumb.pn

post-5872-0-01671200-1289749958_thumb.pn

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you using Windows 7, you might be interested in the Tweaks.com Logon Changer for Windows 7. It is a very simple utility to use and will scale whatever image you want to use to the appropriate size needed by Windows 7, gives you a test option to ensure that the image (jpg) appears as you would like it, and give you the option to restore to the Windows 7 default logon screen.

I am posting this information here as I will likely use this app when I get around to building my HTPC and/or cab to keep my themes consistant from Logon to MCE to GameEx.

Carbon & Steel 2.0 is now finished and available, so give it a spin and let me know what ya think! :ph34r:

This is pretty much an almost complete revision of the original Carbon & Steel theme with new and revised logos, sounds, etc. I have included blank forms for creating your own emu backgrounds. For the title lettering I used the Chrominium logo at Flamingtext.com and used the following settings:

Text

Font - Ethnocentric

Font Size - 70

Logo Properties

Select Gradient Fill

Select Coffee from Gradient Fill Dropdown

Deselect Sparkles

Background

Select Transparent

Once you save the logo, you can copy & paste into the title bar. You may need to scale proportional to the space provided. I use GIMP and this is fairly simple. Should you have any questions about the program, let me know and I will try to answer.

EDIT.:. Please find attached theme.txt and rename to theme.ini - not sure why but the file did not get zipped withthe media, etc. I will ask Tom and/or the admins to delete the submission at the site so I can reupload the file with theme.ini intact.

post-5872-0-68787400-1291496588_thumb.jp

theme.txt

• 1 month later...

I have zipped together a .psd and .xcf (GIMP version of .psd file) along with basic instructions for creating your own PC game icons with box art in a clear DVD sleeve.

I have included an example of a file I created (LOTR-TBFMEII Rise of the Witch King) using the .psd and examples of icons created by Jeno-Cyber and availabe for download in 50 icon packs at http://jeno-cyber.deviantart.com/ . Makes for a unified format for all PC games, can also be used to create custom DVD icons for your digital DVD library! Enjoy!

dvdbox Icon 512.zip

post-5872-0-70687500-1294200209_thumb.pn

Cabirus - sorry about that, will get Tom to delete it so I can upload a new file with the theme.ini included. In the mean time, please download the attatched theme.txt , rename it to theme.ini and install. (My original post alos has the file attached).

Adultery - Glad ya like it! I can't lay claim to other than being a good scrounge on the web!

All - Let me know what ya think of this for a theme and provide some suggestions as to layout etc.

it is a partial mock-up of the 1920x1080 of a theme I am working based upon the RTG4 PC Game "Sins of a Solar Empire." The intent is to give it the feel of HUD displays from a battle deck terminal.

The Scroller text Text will display in the upper left border. The window displayed will be the Program List with list 1 and 2 in the spaces provided below.

There will be 2 other windows similar to the List window; one with Program/game Snaps and flyers/cabs.the 3rd, smaller window will display date, time, and weather.

Each major app/emu category will have an icon assigned on the respective list window in the upper right (and, of course will show in the Snap window).

Of course, the control panel at the bottom does not function, but will have program/emu icons showing for some of the contents within the main category, etc.

Needless to say, this will be a grand undertaking as I will be creating many custom menus, buttons, snaps, etc. Likely I will create the menus for the major systems and let the snap display the specific Game System icon. This will cut down on the turnaround time considerably.

post-5872-0-06889100-1294790252_thumb.pn

theme.txt

Ya know Draco... If you found a dark red LED display type text to go with that theme for the list, that would look hella cool! Add slight transperacy (if that's even possible) to the text and it would be SLICK AS SNOT! It really looks great so far!

I like it, but I was thinking something more "mass effect" like... Kinda more like a calculator?

PS: Your link doesn't work, they don't allow hotlinking. :)

Ok - here is a new mock-up.

I am going to try enabling the Title display in the Title Bar (imagine that!). I will have the scrolling text as part of the "control panel" down at the bottom.

Box top left will be the list (with list numbers displaying in the smaller window on the bottom border). Box top right will be snap/video display. Bottom left (not framed yet) will contain date, time and weather icon display. Bottom right will display for marquees/cabs, etc.

I may consider either shrinking the "control panel" at the bottom or removing it altogether. The scrolling text could take up the place where it is at now. My goal to initially was to have it appear more like an actual game view and it ties in with the frame of the box top left. I could just dispense with the CP and that mini panel and put in a panel similar to that in the title bar and scrolling text window.

WIll have to play with the various LED fonts to see what will actually work best. My concern with the calculator-looking fonts is legibility when reading. I may decide to keep with the font (or one close) to the original game to keep the theme consistant with the game. It will be easier on the eyes. Would be nice if GameEx would allow for a separate font setting for the scrolling text from the rest of the theme.

post-5872-0-64648900-1294889838_thumb.pn

Alright - your opinions please. I have streamlined the frames a bit by removing the "control panel" and replacing it with the scroll window. I have added a third framed window that, when complete will actually be split between the weather, date and time on the left and marquee view on the right (there will be a "split" between the two with an accent border). The finished screen will tell the tale better than I can describe it.

post-5872-0-48982000-1294973401_thumb.pn

• 1 month later...

I thought I would share this with everyone. It is an online utility called the Atari 2600 Label Maker. I created a new avatar that resembles the Atari 2600 cartridge labels.

This could also be used for an Atari 2600-based theme where the logo and misc files are created to look like the Atari 2600 Carts! I promised my wife I would take a break from creating new themes, but I am a creative sod and this is so damned tempting...

:ph34r: Ninja Theme Making Mode: ON

• 2 weeks later...

New Theme - Sins of a Solar Empire!

This is my first attempt at 1920 x1080 so please, give it a go, kick the tires, and give me feedback! Be forwarned it is a pretty decent sized file even zipped (almost 209 MB).

post-5872-0-08828700-1299631087_thumb.pn

• Like 1