All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

User Submitted Themes & Media (Uploads)

Tom Speirs

Oh that's kind of a drag... Vislivalopes theme link on RapidShare gives me this:

Anyone have it and willing to share it? Pretty please? wink.gif

Upload it to somewhere other than RapidShare and that would be cool. Then we could get it up on Tom's Themes page so everyone can enjoy it.

I have it and sent the zipped theme to the themes link - ithe upload completed, but I do not see it in the list afterwards. Perhaps because my email address does not match to the username for Vslivalopes?

Well, I stand corrected, it is now showing!

Edited by Draco1962

I have it and sent the zipped theme to the themes link - ithe upload completed, but I do not see it in the list afterwards. Perhaps because my email address does not match to the username for Vslivalopes?

Well, I stand corrected, it is now showing!

Hi Everyone !

Sorry the delay to answer !

I´m very busy these days because of Unniversity tests.

I will try to upload the theme today at night.

Again , sorry ! :(

Hi Everyone !

Sorry the delay to answer !

I´m very busy these days because of Unniversity tests.

I will try to upload the theme today at night.

Again , sorry ! :(

Looks like your theme was on the most wanted list! One question though, how can I put my titles to the left of the screen instead of the game names? Like in your theme snap.

post-5530-127681716765_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

hi all,

i revamped my previous skin with an entirely new look and feel (to the point almost nothing is the same lol). I tried to give a bit of a modern hommage to the colourful capcom -nineties with all of its comic-like artwork.....yet remain practical in the needed space for optimal readability.

Yes, it's boxart and vid-preview free(although i left some room for it just in case), so probably this doesn't appeal to the large crowd that embraces this feature in front-ends. I like that too, but its either all or nothing for me, so i try to protect myself for endless nights of searches in order to "get 'em all"..something i know i'm able to lol :) Anyway, this works for me and i hope you like it!

you can watch in better quality by clicking

, if you do comments are of course much appreciated, thanks in advance for those

Here are a few examples of emu screens I have been toying with (FINALLY figured out how to display foreground images so now toying with GIMP and Them Editor). I have to give some credit to Vsilvalopes for his theme. I like the idea of the top banner he has in his theme, so I am adopting the concept. I will likely do some different things with the image and list fields, but have yet to finalize the layout. Normally, I would take a theme that appealed to me and backwards engineer it some and then build it back up with my ideas. This time I am going to pretty much build it from scratch. As I progress I will post more. Let me know what you think so far.

.:.EDIT Cleaned up the borders a bit thanks to the tips from Drakendoder.

Looks like your theme was on the most wanted list! One question though, how can I put my titles to the left of the screen instead of the game names? Like in your theme snap.

Hey Celly,

Not sure if you got an answer to your question, but if you click on the "Change View" a few times, you can cycle through having a video snap in the background, still snap view, Text List, and video snap view.

Hope that helps!

Here are a few examples of emu screens I have been toying with (FINALLY figured out how to display foreground images so now toying with GIMP and Them Editor). I have to give some credit to Vsilvalopes for his theme. I like the idea of the top banner he has in his theme, so I am adopting the concept.

I will likely do some different things with the image and list fields, but have yet to finalize the layout. Normally, I would take a theme that appealed to me and backwards engineer it some and then build it back up with my ideas. This time I am going to pretty much build it from scratch. As I progress I will post more. Let me know what you think so far.

i don't know wether it bothers you, or you may have intended for a reason unknown to me, but looking at the daphne-screen on the right i see a white outline on the dragon that personally would bug me. This often is the result of using something like the magic wand-tool in photoshop and deleting the surroundings. For future reference, if you would invert the selection and shrink it (somehow works a bit better than not invert and expand) by 1 pixel (sometimes 2), invert and then delete, it will leave you with a clean cut and rids you of the border. Getting rid of borders like that in general tend to blend different pictures better into one new one. Hope this helps, :)

i don't know wether it bothers you, or you may have intended for a reason unknown to me, but looking at the daphne-screen on the right i see a white outline on the dragon that personally would bug me. This often is the result of using something like the magic wand-tool in photoshop and deleting the surroundings. For future reference, if you would invert the selection and shrink it (somehow works a bit better than not invert and expand) by 1 pixel (sometimes 2), invert and then delete, it will leave you with a clean cut and rids you of the border. Getting rid of borders like that in general tend to blend different pictures better into one new one. Hope this helps, smile.gif

Thanks for the tip - will try it out! I don't care for the white outline either. Also have it on the Pac Man character. These are mock-ups and not final product.

Ultimately doing it all for myself (as we all do) but wanted some feedback. The top banners and character graphics on the lower-left are forground images and I am using the carbon-fiber (and eventually some other elements) as the background.

.:. EDIT - I found a tutorial for the complete steps for those using GIMP located here.

• 2 weeks later...

I am almost finished with my latest theme "Carbon & Steel." It is in a widscreen 1680x1050 format. I decided to go with something a little more unified, simple, and crisp. I've gone for carbon fiber for the background with banner and frames having a steel appearance in foreground files. Most icons have been done using a "steel plate" upon which the game system logos have an embossed appearance, while others are from some icon sets I found using steel with black inlays.

I have attached a few sample images - please take a look and tell me what you think. I hope to have everythng cleaned-up and ready to upload by the weekend.

post-5872-127958829099_thumb.png

post-5872-127958846177_thumb.png

I am almost finished with my latest theme "Carbon & Steel." It is in a widscreen 1680x1050 format. I decided to go with something a little more unified, simple, and crisp. I've gone for carbon fiber for the background with banner and frames having a steel appearance in foreground files. Most icons have been done using a "steel plate" upon which the game system logos have an embossed appearance, while others are from some icon sets I found using steel with black inlays.

I have attached a few sample images - please take a look and tell me what you think. I hope to have everythng cleaned-up and ready to upload by the weekend.

looks good draco, you keep your concept straight and simple and seem to be sticking to it. This often works out best :)

Hi !

Awesome theme Draco ! Very clear and polished ! :D

Congrats !

People.

I'm interested in building a theme with video backgrounds.

The main idea is to build a video mosaic , using some videos from games.

So , in the SNES section of GameEx , the background will be a video mosaic with snes games.

Here a quick preview of what I'm talking :

I´ve had this idea while playing Capcom Vs. SNK on Dreamcast.

I realy love the menus of this game !

Hi !

Awesome theme Draco ! Very clear and polished ! biggrin.gif

Congrats !

People.

I'm interested in building a theme with video backgrounds.

The main idea is to build a video mosaic , using some videos from games.

So , in the SNES section of GameEx , the background will be a video mosaic with snes games.

Here a quick preview of what I'm talking :

I´ve had this idea while playing Capcom Vs. SNK on Dreamcast.

I realy love the menus of this game !

Thanks! As for the video mosaic, not so sure how you would go about that. If you have video snaps of your games, you can change the view in GameEx until it shows them in a grid view (much like your theme was setup with the still images). It does require a bit of processing speed so I wouldn't recommend it on a PC at the minimum level requirements. Also, that view would be present for all screens, not just SNES. If I am wrong, someone correct me, please.

Thanks! As for the video mosaic, not so sure how you would go about that. If you have video snaps of your games, you can change the view in GameEx until it shows them in a grid view (much like your them was setup with the still images). It does require a bit of processing speed so I wouldn't recommend it on a PC at the minimum level requirements. Also, that view would be present for all screens, not just SNES. If I am wrong, someone correct me, please.

Hi Draco !

I've already tried the grid view in GameEx.

And I didn´t liked it. At least in my setup , GameEx becomes very slow in this view mode.

And my machine is a good one, at least I think it is ! :P (Core 2 Duo - 2,9 Ghz - 2GB Ram - GeForce 9300).

But I only experience this behavior on videos with a higger resolution (640x480 , those are my PlayStation videos).

My SNES video snaps for example are at the resolution of 320x240.

So I use the SNAPs view. But I'm thinking about a new theme , dedicated to a classic list view.

It's more fast !

I know it's not what you want, but if you were to process the grid of videos into a single video, you would eliminate the slow down. The problem is that GameEx is taking all of the videos in the grid and rendering them at different than native resolutions. If you do this with a single video, it's not a big deal. BUT, if you try to do that with 9, 12, more! videos, it will result in a massive slowdown even for a fast system. The alternative is to re-encode your videos into whatever resolution they will show up in the grid. I don't know that this will make things perfectly smooth, but it will certainly reduce much of the workload the system has to do.

Hi Draco !

I've already tried the grid view in GameEx.

And I didn´t liked it. At least in my setup , GameEx becomes very slow in this view mode.

And my machine is a good one, at least I think it is ! tongue.gif (Core 2 Duo - 2,9 Ghz - 2GB Ram - GeForce 9300).

But I only experience this behavior on videos with a higger resolution (640x480 , those are my PlayStation videos).

My SNES video snaps for example are at the resolution of 320x240.

So I use the SNAPs view. But I'm thinking about a new theme , dedicated to a classic list view.

It's more fast !

I also found that the grid view with video snaps slowed my machine down a little (Win 7 on Intel Quad Core with 8GB Ram, GeForce 8800GT) when paging between, on top of video snap running in a larger window on the page. That is one reason why I opted to use the text list with the new theme.