All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

User Submitted Themes & Media (Uploads)

Tom Speirs

So I'm thinking about creating a new theme and I was looking for some feedback! Is this a good idea? Would you be interested in it if I put it together?

The idea is called, "Retro Room." Each system's background would be the living room for the era in which the system was released, complete with unique TV set, wallpaper, posters, etc. Thought it would be fun to see each game and system in it's "natural" environment!

Attached is a mockup I put together really quickly (really, REALLY quickly) so don't mind the crummy placeholder elements. Let me know what you think of the concept!

I think that is a great idea! Remember to share it here when you're done!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone !

After a lot of work in my first theme , I´ve decided to build another one from scratch.

The idea remains the same , highlight the video preview of the theme.

But now I´ve switched from a white standard to a black one.

If anyone has interest, I will release the PSD of the old and unfinished theme.

This is the old theme:

post-4791-127108780143_thumb.jpg

This is the new theme.

post-4791-127108752031_thumb.png

For the new theme , there are some ideas that I want to try.

But this is already the final layout.

Nice I like the black theme better. I'll give it a try :) ALso do you support alot of other emulators in your theme like TI994/A or Fairchild CHannel F, MSX ect I use alot of the emulators found in MESS and would like to see a theme that supports alot of those themes.

Hi everyone !

Here are the Backgrounds for my new theme.

If you notice , there is one file named "Foreground.png" I´m using this layout in theme editor.

One background to every emulator , and the same foreground for all. :D

This is how it looks finished. I still trying some other fonts.

post-4791-12713026883_thumb.png

All Backgrounds , to all systems that my GameEx support.

post-4791-12713022214_thumb.pngpost-4791-127130223811_thumb.pngpost-4791-127130226613_thumb.pngpost-4791-127130227636_thumb.pngpost-4791-127130228017_thumb.pngpost-4791-127130228491_thumb.pngpost-4791-127130229466_thumb.pngpost-4791-127130238922_thumb.pngpost-4791-12713023925_thumb.pngpost-4791-127130239648_thumb.pngpost-4791-127130240023_thumb.pngpost-4791-127130240381_thumb.pngpost-4791-127130240722_thumb.pngpost-4791-127130241071_thumb.pngpost-4791-127130241413_thumb.pngpost-4791-12713024722_thumb.pngpost-4791-127130247631_thumb.pngpost-4791-127130228131_thumb.png

These are all the Systems that my GameEx setup supports. If you want a particular system , please let me know and I will do it. As soon I finish this one, I will relase the PSD too.

I´m planning to release an Widescreen resolution too. But I dont have an wide screen monitor yet.

My real wish is to release an HD (720p) an a Full HD (1080p). But no HD monitors here too.

As I said , here comes the Photoshop PSD file of the old theme. It´s perfectly understandable , even some layers are in Brazilian Portuguese. If you want to use it, feel free to modify. Just remember to show me the results ! B)

Old theme Screenshot.

post-4791-127130283811_thumb.jpg

Download Link - Old theme - Unfineshed : http://rapidshare.com/files/376022562/Mustarda_-_1024x768_-_BIGVID-V1.zip.html

Thanks to everyone !

Fell free to coment and share ideas !

Looking nice. I have alot of systems I would like to see: Atari 400/800, 5200, 7800, LYNX, Atari ST, Intellivision, Odyssey2, PS2, MSX, TI-994/A, Bally Astrocade, Channel F, Colecovision, Commodore Vic-20, C64/128, Amiga, Visual Pinball, Future Pinball, DOSBox, PC Games, Spectrum, Daphne, Sega 32X, Sega CD just to name a few :) If you look at the list of emulators under MESS there are quite a few.

Hi! I am thoroughly impressed! I must say that I like the new (darker) theme the best. The lines are very clean and the layout appears to have been given a lot of thought to function and ease of use. When you finish would you mind "zipping" your theme and placing it somewhere with a link so that others of us may give it a go? Any of the game systems you are so inclined to make screens for as well... :)

Hi! I am thoroughly impressed! I must say that I like the new (darker) theme the best. The lines are very clean and the layout appears to have been given a lot of thought to function and ease of use. When you finish would you mind "zipping" your theme and placing it somewhere with a link so that others of us may give it a go? Any of the game systems you are so inclined to make screens for as well... smile.gif

vsilvalopes - Tom has provide a place for users to upload their themes on the main site. It is best to post there, to make it easier for more people to find in the future. smile.gif

So I'm thinking about creating a new theme and I was looking for some feedback! Is this a good idea? Would you be interested in it if I put it together?

The idea is called, "Retro Room." Each system's background would be the living room for the era in which the system was released, complete with unique TV set, wallpaper, posters, etc. Thought it would be fun to see each game and system in it's "natural" environment!

Attached is a mockup I put together really quickly (really, REALLY quickly) so don't mind the crummy placeholder elements. Let me know what you think of the concept!

I really like this idea too!

How's it coming along?

When you finish would you mind "zipping" your theme and placing it somewhere with a link so that others of us may give it a go? Any of the game systems you are so inclined to make screens for as well... :)

Hi ! Thanks for the feedback ! Be sure I will do that.

Now I have to finish the console Icons that appear on emulator list.

The theme is already done in Theme Editor. But I want to publish it , only when its is fully completed. ;)

And I will release the PSD file too ! :D

vsilvalopes - Tom has provide a place for users to upload their themes on the main site. It is best to post there, to make it easier for more people to find in the future

I´ve read about it somewhere in the forum.

I will search for it , and use it as a storage place for the theme. B)

I think that in this week I will start doing the console icons.

Thanks to everyone !

I like the new look vsilvalopes! I can't wait for it to be complete, especially a widescreen version :).

I don't suppose you might share where to grab those title snapshots of games without doing it all one by one myself. I have video previews but can't find a good source of title snapshots to use as the game list.

I like the new look vsilvalopes! I can't wait for it to be complete, especially a widescreen version :).

I don't suppose you might share where to grab those title snapshots of games without doing it all one by one myself. I have video previews but can't find a good source of title snapshots to use as the game list.

I´ve found all snaps in Underground Gamer.

The videos I´ve found in Emumovies.

Just Sega Saturn that I dont have nothing ! :(

No Snaps , No videos. I´m thinking about to use GameEx to do it for me.

I´ve saw a good tutorial explaining how to do this.

I´m planing to finish the theme tomorow (Holiday in Brazil ! B) ) So I will have the entire day to work on it.

But I´m messing arround with lots of stuffs (Xbox 360 with Xbreboot , Planing a new case to my HTPC/GameEx Box) so time is very tight! :blink:

But the theme is my priority number one !

Kenpachi , wich resolution do you use ? It will help me a lot to make an widescreen option to the theme.

KenPachi - Emumovies has snaps as well as vids.

vsilvalopes - I wrote a program to create snaps/vids. Click on my signature for the link to it.

@Tempest : I have an Emumovies subscription. But I can´t find image snaps , just videos.

Do you have an specific server or path ?

Wow I must have missed that theme somehow. Looks really slick I'll have to try it out after I reassemble my MAME cabinet.

I like the look of a list with the box art on the bottom below the video preview. Haha now I'm going to spend the next month grabbing them all from various places.

Edit: Holy crap I just downloaded Carl's video logos. I can't wait to get all of this set in the cab now. This community just tops itself all the time. Awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone !

Quick post to show my progress in the console logos.

Just Nintendo ones to Start ! :D

post-4791-127267473389_thumb.pngpost-4791-12726747434_thumb.pngpost-4791-127267475683_thumb.png

New ones !

post-4791-127267473389_thumb.pngpost-4791-12726747434_thumb.pngpost-4791-127267475683_thumb.pngpost-4791-127267932729_thumb.pngpost-4791-127267934042_thumb.pngpost-4791-127267934953_thumb.pngpost-4791-127267935887_thumb.pngpost-4791-127267936806_thumb.pngpost-4791-127267937815_thumb.png

Tomorow I will finish the Arcade ones and the last Sega ones

B)

Looking good! I was working on a theme that really wasn't going very far (my heart wasn't totally in the project, but learned a few new things so not a total waste of time) but had a bit of inspiration and have decided to work towards a theme and, eventually, a cab based on Marvel Comics "Ghost Rider." Once I have a few things laid out will share my progress on the forum. I have a question regarding the GameEx screensaver and was not sure which forum was appropriate since it isn't actually part of theme editor, but the configuration. Is it possible to override the GameEx screensaver in favor of a different screen saver .scr or .exe?

Regards,