All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] PinballX and FPS ?

ze-bob

Hello, i have an issue with PinballX and VPX. Hello everyone, I have a question about PinballX.
First the config:
ASUS P7P55D CM
- Core i5 750
- 8 GB of RAM
- GTX 1050Ti
- 256 GB SSD
- Win 8.1 Pro

Fresh installation change, latest Pinballx and VPX 10.4

So the trouble is this, when I run my tables directly with VPX the FPS are between 150 and 280 depending on the table, however, as soon as I open a table with PinballX the FPS pass 60 on average and whatever the table,
I admit not to understand too much.

Another thing that I noticed, the right flip is slower than the left in the numbers displayed via the key F11 (G = 12ms and D = 1800ms).

This concern is the same on another machine with a Core i7, 16GB of RAM and a poor (I know) GTS250 (machine not made to play).

Thank you all.

I think we need to get support files as well as more details as to if this is impacting specific tables or all tables, etc.

Which files should i post ?

pinballx.ini and log.txt perhaps ?

Thank you.

Envoyé de mon HM NOTE 1LTE en utilisant Tapatalk

When reporting any issues, the pinballx.ini and log.txt file (right when the error occurred) are always a good thing to attach to your thread.
Ok, i will post these files asap, i'm at work now.
Thank you for your fast answer.

Envoyé de mon HM NOTE 1LTE en utilisant Tapatalk

Odd that it was analyses by your anti-virus of Joytokey didn't have any noticeable effect outside of PinballX, but if loading it as an exception resolved the issue, I'll take it! Thanks for reporting back!

Yes it's strange, but NOD32 is not very heavy, some others one are consomming CPU like birds are eating seeds in winter :blink:

I hope that my "adventure" can help other players taht are in the same case

But now all is OK, thank all for your helpfull.

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] PinballX and FPS ?
  • Draco1962 locked this topic

Glad you got it sorted. I have not used Nod32 for several years and I know it was always supposed to be the go to solution but it can be very heavy in certain situations. INI reading and writing was incredibly slow with it as were 7zip extractions. I also had issues with it locking files when I was building Inno setup packages. It did honour excluding folders though so I am guessing that's what you did.

• Like 1