All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Playing custom DMD video during gameplay Future Pinball

olly182

Hi guys hoping you can help me with some final tweaking on my pinball cab. I have a 3 screen setup and running custom videos on my third monitor DMD screen whilst browsing FP tables in PinballX, they are movie trailers or cut scenes to match the table. This is working fine, my issue is that when I launch a FP table the videos freezes and just displays a black screen for the DMD for the whole time the table is running. I want the video to continue playing the looping video whilst the table is running if possible, can this be done? 

I`m not using Future DMD at all, do I need to run the videos through Future DMD or something? I have "hide DMD" un-checked in PinballX table manager which I thought allowed DMD/Backglass videos to continue playing on table launch.

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance!!!

Do you have a 3rd screen plus a real dmd or is your 3rd screen your virtual dmd and topper?

Don't think this is possible during FP game play as FP uses 3rd screen for it's own cut videos etc by table as shown in part 2 of the video below.

You don't want your browsing videos playing during game play in FP, it will look weird when the table triggers videos in the actual game.

This is possible in VPX and PBFX3 though as neither of them use the 3rd screen for anything currently so you're browsing video will still show during gameplay.  PBFX3 has to be set to borderless windowed mode within PBFX3 or videos and animated backglass will freeze when the tables load.

Not sure what type of setup you have but you may wanna look at Terry Reds videos if your using a 3rd split screen setup.