All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

One final question with PBX...

Watacaractr

Thank you everyone for all the responses for the questions I've had in this forum. I have one last question about PBX and I'll hopefully have my cab finally finished. When I turn my PC on, I cannot get the startup video to run the first time that I run PBX, it goes straight to menu mode. BUT, when I close PBX and then run it again, the startup video works!! It always works the second time and NEVER the first. How do I get the startup video to run the first time, every time in PBX? Thank you in advance.

Likely there is nothing you can do within PinballX to fix this. My guess is that there is some other program, service or process still loading before the startup video can load, thus causing a delay. That is going to take a little sleuthing on your end to see what is loading and in what order.

Thank you. Okay... Could I run a program like windows media player or ? In PBX's settings to start and play the video before PBX actually starts and then close the program after the video plays and then PBX menu mode starts? Almost like running Future DMD before a Future Pinball table starts. Obviously the working folder and exe are there but what about the parameter? Would anyone know what kind of parameter to add? Thanks in advance.

Depending upon how you are opening PinballX upon logon, you could possibly delay its start so that other processes (Steam for instance) that may be loading complete before PinballX loads. Not sure if running a batch file to load Media Player will work or not. This is one of those "everyone's system while the same is different, your mileage may vary with any solution offered, good luck and let us know your solution if you find one" kind of issues.