All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Problems with loading Art files...

Bitchass

Hi, I very new to this frontend but not new to the game for lack of better words. I have a very specific question/problem. The problem that I'm having is getting the all art to show up. For example, Super Nintendo emulator (Snes9x). I'm only seeing a fraction of the videos, snaps, titles, cart pics, etc when i load the emulator in gameEX. I'm assuming there is some type of naming issues going on with the art and the rom files I have. I downloaded the Super Nintendo systems pack so I know all of the art is named correctly. My question is what i'm I doing wrong here. Is there a way to rename the rom files with a program or something without having to manually rename them? I also notice that the automatic download art feature download the art but there is additional folder in the dir that's named (Not Found) , most of the roms files that auto features can't find although the directory is set correctly. Mame was not a issue, all of the art loaded fine via the automatic feature but for the other emulators im trying to run like Snes and Sega genesis i'm just not seeing most of the art only a small fraction on it. Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks.

Check to see how you have your Snap Best Match set up in Tweaks/Performance. If you have it set to NO, try YES. Unless your game rig is older, the resource hit should not be noticable.

The foolproof way for it to all work is for the filename of your image/video assets to exactly match the file name of the rom (except for the file extension of course). If the file names are too far removed from the rom file name, that's when you end up not seeing assets.

The nice thing about emusync is that it has a pretty darn good matching code. Also, when it finds a match and downloads and asset, it will rename their filename to match the filename of your rom. After that, you only need to worry about the games it could not match up or that it did not have assets for; but at least the majority of your work should be done. The downside of emusync (sort of) is that you cannot sync video or higher res files unless you are a paying member...but for a one month subscription, you could have your entire library tricked out. This is what I did some time ago. After that, it was a matter or manually filling in the missing assets.