All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Steamlink Controller

Gerhardk

Hi all,

Has anyone any experience with inhouse streaming of gameex? If I start gameex via Steamlink is no input (keyboard or gamepad) possible.
Is there a plugin, so the Steamcontroller is recognized?
Gk

It's possible to stream Kodi with Steamlink, so I'd imagine the same is true with GameEx. All it does essentially is mirror the screen from your computer to your television.

As for the controller, there isn't a plug in, but if it's setup within GameEx first than I would think it'd work through Steamlink. 

This is all speculation, and I could very well be incorrect. I had considered doing the very same thing at one point, but I decided to build a dedicated computer instead.

Edit:

Proof of concept. Kodi through Steamlink.

Thanks KustomKid for your promt reply.

i added gameex to my steam library and the game starts on steamlink in big picture mode. As soon as the start display is loaded - no input is possible.

i use a wlan keyboard with mouse pad and the steamcontroller with steamlink. i see the mouse cursor but gameex did`nt accept any click or input.

gerhard

4 hours ago, stigzler said:

I'm such a terrible moderator. I don't even get round to reccommending my own apps!

lol you should check out Stigz app.

There might be a conflict here, between the Steam stream and the GameEx Stream. They both are flawless on their own, but together???

by the way . the last past week i worked with a frontend called "Emulationstation" - first on Raspberry and then on PC with stream to

Steamlink. its worked fine but Gameex is a lot more powerfull and better looking, more options. Its should be for me the better frontend

to work with Steamlink and playing in the living room (when my wife is working:rolleyes:...) . and now ... but we will find a way ! ;)

gerhard

Focusspy has not returned any results. The display was unchanged during runtime Gameex / Steam. When searching in other forums, I came across the note, the Steamcontroller only "Xinput" supported. Can I load drivers for Xinput at Gameex?
Gerhard