All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

LAV Filters

xman72

Not being able to play any of the table videos, I installed LAV Filters 0.68.1. Now the videos play but they're stuttering a tiny bit... not too much but enough to notice. They tend to play fine outside of PBX. I also noticed that my real DMD (pindmdv3) stutters just a bit when there is a video playing. 

Am I just out of memory or is there something I can adjust in the LAV filters? I didn't make any adjustments to anything when I installed the filters... not sure if I had to.

I'm dismissing that it's a memory issue because all of my games play very nice & smooth (PinballFX2, VP, FP).

Running:

Windows 7 64 bit

Pentium Dual Core 2.50 Hz

4 Gb Ram

Nvidia 750ti

I don't have a quick answer. It looks like it is troubleshooting time.

You say that PinballFX2, VP, and FP run smooth. Is it also smooth with PinballX launching them? If you are setting up these programs to launch from PinballX for the first time then it is possible that you find these may not run as smoothly with PinballX. PinballX does take some resources while running and for your system it may be enough to tip performance over to a level that is not as smooth.

Are there any other programs that are running in the background taking resources like an anti-virus, Steam client, etc? In my cabinet, I don't install anything that is not related to running pinball. No email client, no web surfing, etc. Unload/uninstall any programs you don't have to have.

As a troubleshooting measure, what happens with the playback performance of the videos if you don't run the DMD?

I don't know the quality or age of the videos on the FTP. If they are old and have been on the FTP for a long time, then they likely are out of date and do not reflect the improvements in visual quality of the tables that are currently available at VPF, VPU, etc. The cool kids generate their own media. This tool is specifically designed to output videos that work with the LAV filters. What's more it allows you to maintain a video collection that truly reflects the tables as you like to play them including any customizations that you may make for yourself such as lighting or camera POV adjustments. You might give it a try and see if the videos it generates run more smoothly.

https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/17684-pbx-recorder-captures-playfield-backglass-and-dmd-videos-and-images/

It's a fresh Windows 7 install with really no other programs running... no anti-virus.. it does have a steam client running at the moment along with a wifi usb adapter just to help me transfer files from my main computer, but I'm pretty much finished now so I'll be removing the wifi. I have no need for it. I did add a USB port to my cab in case I need to update something later. So to answer your question, I really don't have many resources running. Like I mentioned, the games themselves run great with pretty nice graphics boosted up.

I don't want to worry too much about the videos at this point. I will probably remove them and just have the images displayed. No issues at all with the images. I'll try the PBX recorder when I get the chance.

Right now, I'm having a different issue that I'm going to try and correct. I'm going to see if I can read up in some posts about it. It has to do with my real DMD flickering with PBFX2/dmdext. It seems fine when I launch PBFX2 first but I can't do this in Pinball X. If you've heard of this issue and happen to have a link for me to read, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your help.

Check what I posted here:

I don't have a real DMD installed just yet. I'm running a virtual, but at least this script launches dmdext before Pinball FX2. The process will be there waiting to hook into Pinball FX2. Don't know if that will solve flickering, but you can try it and let us know. 

It would not take much to modify the code to wait for Pinball FX2 to be active before running dmdext if you wanted to test that alternative.