All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Batch Files

bobrpggamer

I am new here and am just setting up my emulators. I would like to ask if there is a way to use batch files as roms. so I would have PlayStation 2 games configured to run each games separately. For example:

Guilty Gear XX (USA).bat

taskkill /f /IM GameCtrl.exe
Sleep 2
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Digital Transforms\Total Game Control\GameCtrl.exe" Playstation2
Sleep 2
X:
CD "\Consoles\Emulator Setups\Playstation 2\Version 1\pcsx2-1.4.0-binaries"
"pcsx2.exe" "X:\Consoles\Gamelaunchers\Playstation 2 Games\Playstaion 2 games\Fighters\Guilty Gear X2 (USA)\Guilty Gear X2 (USA).iso" --fullscreen

Not very advanced but does work flawlessly. So I would like to setup about 30 batch file in one folder and then instead of using normal emulation settings, I would have each game already customized. I have tried using a dummy emulator, but no luck. Maximus Arcade has a built in batch config for just launching custom bat files.

If someone knows how to make this possible, please let me know. I do own 2 licenses for GameEx - If I did not I would not bug you guys.

Thank You.

Edited by tthurman
Moved to GameEx General

Hi bobrpggamer!!!

You can configure your emulator with setup wizard and point the rom folder to bat files are located.

Make sure type in the rom filter the *.bat

GameEx will launch the bat and the bat will run your game.

In the command line put: "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

Comment if you have problems doing this.

• Like 1

Thank you, it works. If someone has the patience this could probably be the best way to launch PlayStation 2 games. I have seen the other launchers and they look a lot more complicated than a simple batch file.

I can remove the vertical stripes in some of the games (I think Namco games and MVP 2005) by turning off  FSAA and loweing internal resolution and whatever. Then the games that can use the FSAA, higher internal resolution and anisotropic filtering will use another copied portable Pcsx2. This way you are guaranteed to have every single option in Pcsx2 to be available, and then can be pointed to the ISO wanted.

If all else fails, use a batch file.

Thank you for your help EvilForces-.

Not sure this would work. gameex would look out for the batch file closing rather than the emulator. thus, unless  pcsx2 is closing the bat, it might not work. you could use start wait, bur the whole methos appears convoluted.

A better way would be to use the launch before and after facility in emulator setups to start/end GameCtrl around the emulator launch.

Other options include pcsxlunch and pcsxbonus. I did a setup guide somewhere, search forums if interested.

I use bats for pscx2 here is one example:

start "Gigawing Generations" "E:\PCSX 2\pcsx2.exe" "I:\ps2\Gigawing Generations.bin" --cfgpath="E:\PCSX 2\Configs\Yokushin - Giga Wing Generations"

With the config path you can use differents settings folders for each games.

"--fullboot" can be used between the iso and cfg path. Some PAL games need it to run games with the appropriate languages.

• Like 1