All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Can't get Daphne working in GameEX

Forty0ztoFreedom

I'm just trying to get Dragon's Lair working. It launches fine in Daphne Loader, but when I do it through GameEX I get an error in Daphne about a rom being missing in Lair.zip . . This is odd. How could it work fine outside of GameEx but Daphne apparently says the rom is invalid through GameEX? My first thought is GameEx somehow pointing to the wrong Rom location, but I don't see anywhere to point to a roms folder.

This isn't my first rodeo with Daphne. I've tried on and off for years to get this working in multiple frontends and its been nothing but headaches.

Hi Forty. Would you post your gamex.ini file and the log.txt file from just after trying to run Daphne?

I don't have Daphne set up myself, but those files will be helpful to anyone who wants to try to help.

Hi Forty,

While the daphne log file may help, the logfile I was referring to is for GameEx. Try to run Dragons Lair using GameEx, let it fail, and exit GameEx. Then, go to the GAMEEX\LOG folder for the log.txt file and post it.

I should have mentioned this. When daphne is exited it does not close all processes (or rather the daphne launcher). 

Really sorry I missed this post. If you open the launcher again either use task manager to close the errant processes or restart.