All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

ScummVM - Help

TheThinker

Hi Guys,

Pls I need help with the setup of ScummVM

I have set up the following:

Working Path:

D:\Arcade\Emulators\ScummVM

Roms path:

D:\Arcade\System roms\ScummVM\roms

Command line:

scummvm.exe "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

I have also created a file called [PC]ScummVM.map that I have under the Database field (I have enclosed it here). It contains the name of all directories (under roms) and how scumm has to display the name of the game for each directory.

I have also added all those games in SCUMMVM and they work fine, I cannot launch them from GameEx though.

Please let me know how to fix it and many thanks guys

[PC]ScummVM.map

ScummVM does not support passing of roms via the zipped filename.

The best way to do it (that I know of) is to use dummy files. Add the games you want to Scumm and then look at what the 'short name' or gameId is. Lets take "Day of the Tentacle" as an example. If you look at the id for this it is "DOTT". So, you now need another Rom path. Perhaps D:\Arcade\System Roms\ScummVM\romsDummy. Create that directory and create a new text file within it called "DOTT.txt".

Now time to enter the emulator config -

Set the rom path to this new directory and enter the command line as shown
scummvm.exe -f [ROM]
and set the filter to *.txt

GX will now pass the dummy name to Scumm and execute correctly. Sadly, you will need to create dummy file for every game you wish to run.

I did create a tool to do this for you, and it is a part of the GX install. ScummVM Dummy Creator. Sadly, this is now outdated and I really need to revisit it and update it for the latest Scumm and game files. It may work or it may not? That is why I advise the manual way for now.

Ps. You don't need a map file for this, the latest ScummVM database when used, will correct all the short names for you and add the addition info. (Except for roms added since the previous release).

Thanks mate.

Anyway I found a way after I posted here.

I have created batch files for every game I want to launch, so I will have the following configuration:

Command Line: cmd.exe /c "[ROMPath]\[ROMFile]"

Rom filter: *.bat

Map Keys: yes

Database:[PC]ScummVM

Use Database name: yes

Show Desktop: yes

Advanced config:[Mapping OFF] Exit (ESC) // I have disabled exit key from this config file

Example: for a file called monkey.bat I will have the following lines:

@echo off

D:\Arcade\Emulators\ScummVM\scummvm.exe monkey //monkey is the target ID of the game we want to pass as a parameter to scummvm.exe

EXIT

Hope it helps, it took me hours to make it work.

Kind regards,

The Thinker

Feels a little more long winded to write a bat for each game than a single empty file. But if it works for you - that's great. 

How's the RetroArch ScummVM core? Does anyone know? I was thinking of adding this to my rig.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk