All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Put mame under emulated systems

Cisek

Can you please provide us with your gameex.ini and log.txt files?  Click on the GameEx How to ask for help link in my signature for instructions on how to locate and submit them for us to review. 

Custom Menus allow you to create your own menu list that overide the ones created by the settings in the Setup Wizard. By default, the feature is disabled. You access it using the GameExMenuEditor.exe file found in your GameEx directory.

If you are not aware of them, then chances are you are not using them. To be sure, run the executable and see if the Enable Custom Menus check box is unchecked.

No Cisek. It is a separate program from SetupWizard.exe. Look for the GameExMenuEditor.exe file in your GameEx directory.

Again, chances are it is not the reason for your issue...but looking at it at least rules it out.

The setting you are looking for is Menu Under Games under the Advance MAME Settings in the Setup Wizard . This setting gives you the option of

• Put Menu under Emulated Games

OR

• Put MAME on Start Page (Default)

.  Verify that you have selected the first.

Advance_Mame_Settings.png

• Like 1

Hey Draco, the GameEx.ini shows that Menu Under Games parameter is already set to Put Menu under Emulated Games. He kinda already said that in his original post too...  ;)

The parameter in the file is NoMAMEOnStartPage and it is set to True.

I am not aware, but is there a general cache for GameEx that can be reset?

1 hour ago, RedDog said:

There is, and it does actually help sometimes.  Might be worth a shot in this case.  Basically you go to the \GameEx\Data directory and delete all files with the word cache in the file name.  When you restart GameEx, it will rebuild the cache.

2 hours ago, RedDog said:

Hey Draco, the GameEx.ini shows that Menu Under Games parameter is already set to Put Menu under Emulated Games. He kinda already said that in his original post too...  ;)

The parameter in the file is NoMAMEOnStartPage and it is set to True.

I was responding from work so was not able to look at his gameex.ini to confirm whether or not it was enabled and he was asking where this is set in the Wizard. Thanks for checking the .ini.