All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Add Extit Options to PinballX

PcTeknic

• 3 months later...

I have a  Steam game on my cab that I use outside of the PinballX environment. It would be great to be able to exit directly to it, but I get there very quickly using this method...

I've added a macro to the Ipac2 controller and assigned it to the Ipac's shift function on one of my regular pinball buttons.  This macro runs a HotKey script to open the game within steam. I have another Ipac2 macro / shift button function that opens PBX.

So in real terms I do this...

_____

EXIT to Desktop from PBX

Hold Shift Button (in my case the Coin button) and press the Right Flipper.

My Steam Game opens.

PLAY

EXIT steam game to desktop

Hold Shift Button and press Left Flipper.

PBX opens.

____

It's very fast and no need for a keyboard or mouse. 

Rather than exiting to get to another front end or independent app, add that as a new system. Look for the Jukebox music config and you'll see it is set up as a new system with one entry. When run from Pinballx, it simply executes the .exe and waits. That should work to launch steam apps or other windows apps. The only catch is that the launcher has to stay running (or waiting) as Pinballx is watching for it to close (or E to be pressed). 

I run jukebox, FX2 via steam prior to it being built in and mame games via this method.

-Ron

For anything that is PC Games based (Steam, Windows Store, etc), I have Pinball X use RocketLauncher to launch / manage PC Games.  Here is another post I made about it.

It wasn't the easiest to get setup, and I honestly can't remember exactly how I did it, but it works great, and the video links in that post do help.

You could also have Pinball X's EXIT actions load up HyperSpin or whatever it is you want to load.  You can also use BAT files to load and or "taskkill" whatever you want.