All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Missing Start Menu Entries (Favorites, Search, Exit/Shutdown)

sonnyps64

Until recently, I had been using GameEx without issue for over three years. Unfortunately, I have lost some selections from the Start Menu (e.g. Favorites, Search, Exit/Shutdown, Emulated Games). I can find these selections at the top menu bar, but I have to back out of the main menu to get there.

I've tried running the Setup Wizard and picking different themes, such as Default - Deep Purple and Default - Dark Gloss, but I get the same main menu with reduced selectable options.

I've also repurchased GameEx and upgraded to Ver 14.41. This didn't help either.

Please find my attached config files.

Thanks,

Sonny

GameEx.ini

log.txt

Arcade Arcade (MAME).ini

nullPointer,

No, I was just using the default menus when the issue arose. As a workaround yesterday, I tried following DazzleHP's instructions for creating custom menus, but it didn't help me.

For three years, there was a main menu like the one that appears in the Setup Wizard. The top bar used to show Change View, Back, Home, and Exit.

What is happening is the MAME menu is the top menu, with the top bar showing MAME, Most Played, Last Played, etc. and all menu items MAME-related. Favorites, Search, Exit/Shutdown, Emulated Games, and some other entries are missing. This makes it difficult to quickly access my favorites or perform a search as I have to back out to the top bar and then scroll horizontally.

Sonny

I figured out the fix. I traversed the top bar of the menu to Change View. After some toggling (sorry, I'm afraid to try recreating), the main menu reappeared. Now, I have all of the standard picks on the main menu.

Sonny

P.S. Can someone mark this post as Resolved?

• Like 1

I think that somehow your view was changed. You may try to cycle through the views.

I don't think the 'Flat Menu' parameter is coming into play here, but you could try changing that as well.

I use custom menus for my setups, so I very seldom see the default menu setup.

NINJA'D: Good job Sonny!