All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx Karaoke issue, No video. Win Xp.

epic69

I have Windows XP and Direct X 9.0c installed. Lastest version of GameEx installed. Video previews and music play in GameEx when selected on song, but when launched screen goes blank and then can hear the mp3 playing No Video showing lyrics. If I double click a .cdg file in my Karaoke folder Media Player launches and it looks fine. I have tried WmpFull also to eliminate an issue with Windows media player and same issue. I am not sure what else to try. Have installed LavFilters also and no changes. Looking for suggestions on what to check next.

Thanks.

Would like to look at your gameex.ini file as well. However, the error "Unable to open video Hook" may be pointing to an codecs issue, despite the LAV codecs being installed. Have you tried the Shark007 codecs for XP or any other compatible codec packs?

However, the error "Unable to open video Hook" may be pointing to an codecs issue, despite the LAV codecs being installed. Have you tried the Shark007 codecs for XP or any other compatible codec packs?

No I haven't tried shark007 codec pack. I don't have internet access on the gameex machine where I want this karaoke to work so when I try installing Shark007 codec pack the install doesn't succeed. Point me in the direction of a good set of codec's that's not loaded with malware and i'll give it a try.

Uninstall the codecs then to see if the video straighten out. Some of the codecs require making adjustments. This is a hard one for us to replicate as many of us have moved on well beyond XP and there are a number of things that may break it that can't be fixed because the OS is no longer supported by MS.