All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

possible to show only SNES or Genesis ?

GBBBS

Hi,

i will integrate Gameex with my Steam.

can i start gameex with one Emulator (snes) without any options htpc etc... ? like the "GameEx (MAME Only)" ? i see there is a commandline -mame. can i do the same wit snes or so ?

ok thanks,

is there a chance to get this in future? maybe wit a commandline ? like gameex.exe -snes ?

i duplicate gameex folder (with all files) and start with other custom menu and works fine.. but for each emulator 200 mb gameex files :(

I understand what you are requesting, but at the same time am asking myself "Is it really that hard to choose a system from a list"?

-Genesis - (click)

-Super NES - (click)

-NES - (click)

-Master Sytem - (click)

-C64 - (click)

... using Custom Menus, It literally is only one click :P

Take it one step further and have your bat file copy the ini over for each setup where only the one emulator is set up.

Or maybe that won't work for you, I'm not grasping the intent here.

One thing you can do (currently at least) is to create a copy of your entire GameEx folder, configure it for just the one emulator, and use a Custom Menu. However, you will start at a root folder and have to ENTER into the emulator. I could not find an option to send an ENTER key to GameEx within GameEx, but perhaps there is a way.

However, unless this is the only way to go and you REALLY want to do this, I would not suggest multiple instances of GameEx. Besides the fact that updates will only go to installed instance and a graphic heavy theme would could take up more space than you may like, I am sure that this idea is not intended by Tom (and so support for the duplicate instances could be limited).

I do have to say that I can see why the OP might want to be able to launch GameEx to simply use it as a title browser and launcher for the one emulator, even if it is a bit of a niche manner of doing things.