All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Xpadder does not close after leaving the game in Windows 10

Alan Ribas

Recently I upgraded my operating system to Windows 10.
When I start a game through GameEx the Plugin Xpadder opens automatically, as it should be. But when I close the game Xpadder plugin does not close automatically.
Note: It may not seem big deal, but with the buttons mapped to control it is impossible to navigate through the menus using GameEx control without first closing the Xpadder. In windows 7 Xpadder automatically closed after leaving the game.
Xpadder plugin: Version 1.2.9
Xpadder version: 5.7

log.txt

GameEx.ini

Hi Alan,

Thanks for supplying your support files. It really does make a big difference! Being that this particular issue involves the Xpadder plugin I would also request that you post the log for the Xpadder plugin which can be found here: \GameEx\PLUGINS\Xpadder\Xpadder.log. Thanks a lot!

I'm also gonna need the log and settings files for the Xpadder plugin ( GameEx > Plugins > Xpadder ) after you run a game.

For now, try setting your GameEx menu profiles to blank Xpadder profiles but I'm sure this is probably a configuration issue or someone else would have reported it by now.

That's not the file I asked for, that's the GameEx log. The exact same one you posted before to be specific. Please read my post more carefully.

Also, did you try the suggestion I asked you to?

I asked for the settings file too? The same place you got the log from is the settings file.

You gotta follow directions Alan. This is the same problem we had with Virtual Drive Loader where you weren't reading the provided instructions or following anyone's suggestions. I can't help you if you don't listen.

Please read my post again and at the very least provide the documents I asked for.

This won't help Adultery troubleshoot. or, maybe it will, but go to your Xpadder.exe, right-click, choose Properties> Compatibility tab, check (put a tick in it) Compatibility Mode> Run this program in compatibility mode for: (click the drop-down) choose Windows 7, click Apply.

I've messed with this a lot (running W10 Pro 64) - the Xpadder Plugin will work afterwards, just make sure GameEx or the config App are not loaded/running while you make the above alterations. ;)

• Like 1

I have established the Xpadder in compatibility mode with Windows 7, and still the problem persists. I've actually tried to compactibility mode all the operating systems that there had unsuccessfully.

I'm sorry ... my english is bad :wacko:

As for the Virtual Driver Loader, at least as far as I could understand, I tried everything you told me .... :huh:

settings.xml

I should have stated earlier, that once you have Xpadder in W7 Compatibility Mode, you need to load Xpadder on its own, outside of GameEx at least once. While doing this make sure you choose to "associate" all files.

If you do not do this, Xpadder will be in a constant cycle of "setting itself up" in W10, or in other words it will behave as if loading for the first time, EVERYTIME!. This will, inevitably cause havok with the Xpadder Plugin ^_^

I've played with this on two different W10 installs - W10 Pro 64 on my Desktop, and W10 Home 64 on my laptop. Both systems run flawlessy (the Xpadder Plugin) after applying this method.

I have installed on my computer the windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

I had already started Xpadder on their own, without using GameEx. But it seems no use. And xapdder files are all associated with the program.

Since when I installed Windows 10 on my machine, many emulators has behaved in a different way.

For example: 4DO emulator does not open more. Click on its icon but the same does not start. This is boring!

It is yes, especially if you don't follow instructions. So, step by step:

Go to Xpadder.exe

Make it W7 compatible

Load/boot Xpadder.exe after you have made the changes (outside of GameEx or Config).

Choose "Yes" to associate ALL files.

Reboot your PC (not necessary, but to make sure).

Load the Plugin Manager.

Load the Xpadder Plugin Config.

If you have a backup, the XP Plugin will now show all profiles associated with all the games that it should.

If you don't have a backup, now is the time you need to do it again.

Close the config, boot GameEx.

I've played with this enough, that i KNOW if you do these steps, the Xpadder Plugin will work fine.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your help and patience. Do not get me wrong. Sometimes I can not understand specifically what they say. :unsure:
Just fix it. B)
All steps you asked me to follow were already configured.
The only thing that changed was the following.
I recently installed a newer version of Xpadder (version 5.7).
This version came with an executable called "Xpadder [5.7] .exe".
What I did was simply to change its name to "Xpadder.exe" and from there the Xpadder began to close after the game is finished.
I'm not absolutely sure, do not understand programming language. But from what I could conclude is that the Xpadder plugin was scheduled to close a file called "Xpadder.exe". That is, even if we opened the Xpadder executable file via the plugin Xpadder, if it has a name other than "Xpadder.exe" it does not close when the time comes. Perhaps this can be corrected. Not a major problem, but it is still a problem. :blink:

I do not know if I could be expensive. But thank you all for helping me !!! :D

The thing is that you browse to the file manually in the first section of the plugin settings. It doesn't matter what the exe is called... It could be John_Denver_Flight_Simulator.exe if you wanted. You just need to point to it.

So basically you had a different exe and didn't change the settings accordingly. There isn't much I can offer outside of that since the issue wasn't in the plugin after all. :)

/Side Note: I download officially released versions since I've purchased Xpadder and Jonathan never changed the name of the exe before, is that something new or did you do it?

I do not think I explained right. :mellow:
I correctly pointed Xpadder executable. So it was executed and game controls were mapped at the time that we played. The problem was that the Xpadder Plugin not close after us to close the game.
Take a test...
1) Rename the Xapdder executable for the name you want.
2) Go to Xpadder plugin and point to this executable file that was renamed.
3) Enter a game in GameEx. If things go the way it did me, when you leave the game Xpadder plugin does not close. :wacko:
Regarding the version of Xpadder. It has the 5.3. But she showed up not compactivel with Windows 10. Then I searched the internet for a version of Xpadder that was. I found this version.
I do not remember where I got it. It was the first site I found. I not researched a lot. ;)

You need to get the latest version, my friend. The latest version is 2015.01.01 . 5.3 is the last freeware version and likely you are going to continue to run into problems unless you spend a few quid to get the latest version compatible with your version of Windows.

Drac's right.

Also you can't rename the exe. That's part of the Xpadder self check each time it runs. I forgot to mention that.

I think he said he had to rename the exe to xpadder.exe or something?

Yah, i find it strange that it wasn't called xpadder.exe in the first place - i've been using the same version for some time though so may be the dev has started putting the version number in the program title, seeing as there is no easy way to find this info within the program itself - that i have found anyway.

Not that I've seen... As a matter of fact, I thought if you move it or rename it, it nags you about it when you run it.