All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] "Excluded Roms" not working in Emulators

Duglim

Hi,

I just finished my 3rd GameEx cabinet and encounter an issue I never had before:

Usually I use the "Excluded Games" option in advanced emulator Setup to exclude all BIOS and JAPAN roms.

My syntax used to be *[bIOS; *[Japan

But on this new machine, the filter does not work and all BIOS and Japan roms still appear in the lists.

Even more strange, all my "Excluded Games" settings are gone after I shutdown GameEx (ALT+F4), the fields are just blank in the setup tool and in the .ini.

This new machine runs on Windows 10, my other 2 cabs have Windows 7.

GameEx is on the recent version. I copied my full setup from an old cab to the new one and installed GameEx fresh on top.

Any help or ideas are welcome.

Greetings, Duglim

Hi Duglim. We will be glad to help but it seems you've neglected to provide us with some much needed information:

- gameex.ini and log.txt files

- emulator and system name and emulator config file

- ROM names affected

These things are required whenever reporting an issue experienced with GameEx. Click the How to ask for help link in my signature for instructions.

Oh, I see, sorry.

I will add my gameex.ini and log.txt in the evening.

Affected are all emulators, all ROMs are recognized the right way and have the correct names from the map files. I stack the roms from multiple regions and this works flawless. Just the "Exclude files" filter doesn't.

Is there a way to udpate GameEx internal rom lists? Maybe like rescanning all files for the internal DB?

My basic setup with all emu configs, roms, assets is about 1 year old and I copied it over from my main GameEx installation. I just reinstalled a current build on top.

Greeitngs, Duglim

Hi Tom, thanks for this valuable information.

This made the tick indeed, I was able to reinstall an old build on top and now it's working. :)

Thanks a lot!

Just for curiosity: What is the new sugeested way to filter out roms? Using a map file? I really liked the easyness of having the exclude roms functionallity with wildcards, so I do not need to hassle with map lists or sorting out manually. Filtering all Japan and BIOS roms manually is not doable, alone for the full SNES romset it's +2.200 roms in total with only around 850 with JAPAN filtered out.

Many thanks again and greetings,

Duglim

As for the suggest you asked for... MAP files are my preferred way. Easy to make one and the list looks nice and sharp. Beats having to do the hard work of filtering manually.