All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Gameex not showing all snaps

stooner

well i downloaded the no intro set. and many games are matching, but megaman x2 and x4 for example is not displayed. i`ve downloaded the snaps from emumovies (right for the no intro)

Hey stoner, Adultery is asking for a specific example of a rom with the issue. For example:

EMULATOR: nestopia

ROM: Mega Man 4 (USA) (Rev A).nes

SNAP: Mega Man 4 (USA) (Rev A).png

TITLE: Mega Man 4 (USA) (Rev A).png

MAPFILE ENTRY (if you use a mapfile): Mega Man 4 (USA) (Rev A).zip | Mega Man 4

When the file names for the snap and the title match the ROM name, it should work. If a mismatch can be found in one example, then it is a good chance that the other non-visible snaps are suffering from the same sort of thing.

And by the way, if the rom is contained within an archive, open the zip file and see what the name of the ROM is there as well.

Good luck. :)

emulator: znes

rom: Mega Man X3 (USA).zip

snap: Mega Man X3 (USA).png

tittle: Mega Man X3 (USA).png

mapfile: [Console] Nintendo SNES - USA

Mapfile entry: Megaman X3 (USA).zip|Megaman X3

when i install the snaps i noticed the change and show a lot of roms, but with some of them just can`t work, helppppp

Hey Stooner,

I am fairly certain that the problem your are seeing is related to a mismatch "issue" in the [Console] Nintendo SNES database. The databases contain a list of rom names for the most common data set types (GoodName, GameBase, HyperList, NoIntro). Unfortunately, the rom name in one data set may not be the same in another and that can lead to snap/title/description issues.

In your GameEx configuration, you currently have "Snap Best Match" enabled. When this is enabled, GameEx will try to find a close match for the rom in the database. Since some rom names may be different between different data set types, it can sometimes choose a close match from a different data set instead of the exact match that you would expect. The result is that instead of finding an exact match for Mega Man X3 (USA), it matches Mega Man X3 (USA) with something like Mega Man X 3 (USA)...(note the extra space between the X and 3)...and that difference makes it so that the snap and title is not displayed.

Please try this test and let us know if the snap and title shows up when viewing the rom:

Change the snap and title file name for Mega Man X3 (USA).png to Mega Man X 3 (USA).png (again, note the added space between the X and 3).

If the snap/title do show up, then you have three choices:

1) Turn "Snap Best Match" off, but then you may see A LOT of snaps and titles not show up, or

2) Keep the Mega Man X3 (USA) snap and title as they are, or

3) Live with some roms displaying no snaps/titles in the hope that the devs have it on their list of things to look at.

Unless you are an obsessively detailed-oriented technophobe who is familiar with SQL (like me), your best bet may be to choose option #3. :)

• Like 2

emulator: znes

rom: Mega Man X3 (USA).zip

snap: Mega Man X3 (USA).png

tittle: Mega Man X3 (USA).png

mapfile: [Console] Nintendo SNES - USA

Mapfile entry: Megaman X3 (USA).zip|Megaman X3

when i install the snaps i noticed the change and show a lot of roms, but with some of them just can`t work, helppppp

Oops, I just noticed that we missed something...

You say above that the ROM is named Mega Man X3 (USA).zip, but your mapfile entry is Megaman X3 (USA).zip. They should match exactly. Please double check, make changes as needed, and report back how it is named.

As for clearing the cache for that emulator, it would not hurt to try:

From your Gamex.ini file, your SNES emulator is Emulator 12. You can clear the cache for that emulator if you go into the GAMEX\DATA folder and delete any file that begins with EMU_12 and ends with .dbcache. The next time you start Gamex, it will rebuild the cache for that emulator.