All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

New list issue

Gildahl

With the latest version of GameEx, I've run into a new issue.

After I choose a game from the favorites list and play it, when I exit the game it will occasionally bring me back to the main MAME game list instead of returning me to the favorites list.

At first I thought it was a one time glitch, but I have now seen it multiple times. It seems to happen at arbitrary times and I haven't yet been able to reproduce it on demand (if I do, I'll post what I did).

Hi All!!

I'm also having some problems like this . In my case , sometimes when I leave a emulator and returns to the list of games of this emulator, my selection is on the list but 3 or 4 positions above.

Sometimes if I go through the list of other platforms within a game, when I go back return on the list one of these other platforms .... It's something rare, not always, but if I've already noticed several times .

I believe what he is reporting is similar to what was reported here for 14.31:

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/16545-favorites-and-artworks-not-working-properly-1430-1431/

The behavior was consistent and easy to replicate at that time. I assumed it was a bug as well, but most of the focus for that post was on the situation with the artwork and not the favorites, so I think the favorites 'bug' was lost in the conversation.

I have not checked for 14.36, but it sounds similar to me.

It does appear to be similar if not the same issue noted in the OP for the thread you linked.

Tom may or may not need copies of the gameex.ini and log.txt files for those reporting the issue, but i will request that each person noting this to please provide copies none the less (which should be a common practice whenever reporting an issue, error, bug instead of having to be asked to do so).