All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Gameex 13.20 and Gamebase Sharp X1

repetto74

Hi Guys,

I am using Gameex in a cab machine with CRT monitor and I am really happy with its features. I would like to add the gamebase pack of the Sharp X1 computer but I was not very satisfied with the emulator used (a standard MESS 1.48) so I choose to set my GroovyUME 1.48 (combo of MESS and MAME with support of low resolution modes for a better video output on a crt monitor) as the main emulator for the Gamebase Sharp X1 library.

The main problem I have now is when I wan to quit the game. The ESC key will not work and i get stuck into the Groovyume and not possible to get back to the Gameex menu (actually hitting ESC will pause the game).

I am using GroovyUME for many other consoles and it was set using the Gameex Wizard so no problem with them. This is the only case where I need to quit both GamebaseLauncher and GroovyUME. I cannot figure out how to make the ESC key to work on this. <_<

Enclosed the log and Gameex ini :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Rick

GameEx.ini

log.txt

If this is a GameEx issue, I don't know if there are any helpful suggestions that we can offer. 13.20 is a super old version of GameEx at this point (current version is 14.35), and there have been many bug fixes since that time. In offering suggestions, we wouldn't even be playing on the same field if that makes any sense.

Based on your input though this sounds like a matter of being able to properly exit Gamebase along with the associated applications you mentioned. Having said all of that, I'm not familiar with GamebaseLauncher. Have you tried simply using the integrated support for Gamebase? there is at least one helpful guide available, although if you go this route I would implore you to update since once again we are not able to offer much in the way of helpful suggestions with such an old version of GameEx.

Hi NullPointer,

Thanks for your explanation. Actually I was thinking for an upgrade but the hardware running into the cab machine is relatively old (2004) with Windows XP and no 3D card (2gb ram and 2,3ghz CPU). The cab is already quite slow during the boot process but then Gamex is smooth. I do not want to take the risk to have an heavy upgrade which will slow down things to an unacceptable level. Unless you tell me the last Gameex update is not a big deal in terms of extra resources needed.

Thanks

Rick

Most of the updates since your version include additional interactions with GameEx Online and some fixes for the latest MAME changes since 0.162 which combined MAME and MESS sources into one build. You should see minimal impacts if any.

Hi Draco

Thanks again for your explanation. Concerning the new mane builds I am currently using the groovy version 1.48 and I am happy with it. Upgrading to the last mame build will considerably slow down my machine considering the hardware specs. I am interested in most of the arcade games of the 80's and 90's which are correctly emulated within the 1.48. Meanwhile I am considering now to upgrade to the latest Gameex but my concern is to know if this update will erase my current Gameex settings or will keep all in place?

Thanks

Regarding MAME, that is understandable. If it isn't broken, no need to fix it. If you ugrade GameEx, make a backup just for your own peace of mind, however, over the top installs generally work out just fine and the settings retained.