All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Steam Video/Snaps Missing

Black Mage

Hi All,

One last challenge I'm facing before I've loaded everything... Only 29 of my 44 Steam games have videos/images in Gameex. It appears the missing games are those on my D:\ drive (I have some Steam games on C:/ and some on D:/. Can anyone give me some guidance on how to address so that GameEx can download the media? The games work great (cause I think Steam knows whether to go to C:\ of D:\.

Thank you.

Is it just the artwork (snaps and videos) that are missing in GameEx, or are the games missing altogether? Occasionally I have an issue with Steam artwork in which the Store page is behind a age verification screen. In this circumstance I've had to manually download artwork and rename according to the numeric Steam game identifier of the associated game. To easily find the numeric identifier for a game in Steam, go to the Store page for the game you need, and the identifier is the last number in the address bar. For example to get the ID for Crimzon Clover:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/285440

Manually adding your own artwork is a relatively straight forward affair, as it can all be found in the following directories:

\GameEx\MEDIA\STEAM\

• BOX
  • SNAP
  • VIDEO

Good luck man!

• Like 1

Ohh good spot! I bet GameEx can't get past the age entry to access the content. Not sure if that can be fixed in the scrape...

• Like 1

Ohh good spot! I bet GameEx can't get past the age entry to access the content. Not sure if that can be fixed in the scrape...

Most likely not because it needs manual action to get past it each time. You'll see what i mean by visiting such a page, entering your "age" then do a simple F5 refresh. Guarantee you will need to it all over again, regardless of cookie settings, or even if your are logged in with a verified account :)

Kinda sux that you have to do a double age verification despite the account settings, but I guess they haven't much choice. Gawd forbid some under 18 kid see or hear something naughty.

• Like 1

Kinda sux that you have to do a double age verification despite the account settings, but I guess they haven't much choice. Gawd forbid some under 18 kid see or hear something naughty.

I know right! I can understand the precaution though - they (Valve/Steam) want to cover their own asses, and rightly so. But still, anyone with a Wi-Fi enabled, internet capable device can witness many worse things than age appropriate games... I won't get into them here for obvious reasons but you know what i'm referring to :o