All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Gameex and mame gamelist issues

OverPower89

So I was just doing a fresh install of gameex and when I go though the mame options of the setup wizard everything seems to be in place (files and folder paths etc.) but when I update the new mame game list I get a whopping 31 games....

I've installed gameex many of times.. never have I had this problem.

I'm running mame 0.149 and I know the roms are there but I don't know why it won't display the full list.

Thanks in advance for your time.

GameEx.ini

Have your computer a touch panel?

Have you this option active on your GameEx setup? If so, please try to deactivate it and refresh the games list. Disable also the "TouchScreen Only Compatible Games" option too.

Please, disable the "Compatible games only" on the touch screen / tablet settings only to make sure this is not the option that make your list short....

And of course, after complete the GameEx setup, refresh the list.

I see you have the touch screen disabled, but the option of compatible games only on this setup is enabled. Please, try this and refresh.

Ok let's go to try:

Try setting the only working games to false in the set up wizard also set remove duplicates to "No", and update the list....

EDIT: Please, update the list on your MameUI frontend before you update the list inside GameEx

found a way around this. I Uninstalled gameex and found a older version updated my list and now I have over 3500 games. but when I updated gameex to the new version they were still there and working so j updated the list to see what would happen. and it went back down to 38 games. so u suspect it must be some sort of gameex error.

I'm just gonna repeat what I just did only not update the list at the end

I had the same problem a couple of months ago. Not sure if this is relevant but I then grabbed all the mame support files like MameInfo.dat etc and placed them in the mame directory and updated the list. All the games returned. It could just be fluke. But may be worth a try?

• Like 1

I had the same problem a couple of months ago. Not sure if this is relevant but I then grabbed all the mame support files like MameInfo.dat etc and placed them in the mame directory and updated the list. All the games returned. It could just be fluke. But may be worth a try?

Agreed! mameinfo, history, catver etc need to match your MAME version to get reliable results. I have a feeling/hunch that these things are getting mixed 'n' matched on a disastrous scale, going by the posts we've been having lately.

• Like 1