All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] WinKawaks not loading up roms

vRFasta

Hello im new here and recently bought lifetime membership of this product.

Heres the first problem i am encountering with Winkawaks.

Outside gameex everything running well.

Even inside cmd when i run similar command - its working.

But when i run it from gameex - it only runs winkawaks, but its not loading up any rom.

i am using this command line parameters - WinKawaks.exe [rom] -fullscreen

i am using default map packed within gameex.

Anyone know how to solve this?

log.txt

GameEx.ini

Did you try changing [rom] to "[rompath]/[romfile]" ? I'm unfamiliar with this emulator but that's typically what I use to pass a rom to an emulator.

Also try enclosing the exe in quotes: "winkawaks.exe"

Per some of the other Winkawaks related posts, the following command line should work:

"WinKawaks.exe" [ROM] -fullscreen

I do not run this either, but if this works it should probably be noted somewhere easy to find.

I too neither run nor indeed have heard of this emulator. However, it does win the prize for one of the most preposterously named emulator ever... Or one of the best, I can't decide... Almost as bad as "Cabsoles"

I've got three things for you to check out.

Command=WinKawaks.exe [ROM] -fullscreen

By all accounts this emulator requires double-quotes around the emulator. So just as Draco noted you'll want to modify your command to match the following:

"WinKawaks.exe" [ROM] -fullscreen

Second make sure that your ROMs are located here (you've likely already verified this part):

RomPath=\\Fastr4TB\fastaemulation\romheaven\roms\neogeo

And further that your ROM names match the ones in the map file you're using (found here):

MapFile=D:\romheaven\GameEx\MAP FILES\[Arcade] Arcade (WinKawaks).map

Good luck dude, and hopefully that sets you on the right track.

• 1 month later...

yes quotes made the issue. I was aware of it, but what really freezed me was - u have to close all gameex applications for changes u made to apply, which is not common and usually when i use setup wizard i just press arrow forward and changes are saved, i run gameex and boom all changes are working.

For all of you that use MAME to play neogeo games - that suxx :]] This emulator is running games with enhanced really nice to watch graphics in 16:9 and so its worth some pain to get winkawaks running.

Soon i will show some on my stream, when i will finally solve last problem how to get winkawaks running with obs streaming program together :]

Wish me luck and thx for ur support guys, maybe soon when i will find some time i will make some all in one tutorial for Winkawaks

Peace