All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Mounting Issues AGAIN... (MagicEngine)

uberpubert69

Well your log says it's crashing before it even tries to run. Please disable all other plugins and try it again. If it works we'll have to look elsewhere.

I feel like this is an issue with something else and I'm not seeing it in either my local or my development machine.

I first disabled Quick Launch, and was able to get 1 game to mount and then it stopped working after that. I then disabled the GameInfo plugin and now it mounts and unmounts my Saturn ISOs. :) Now I need to get my NEC TG-CD/PC-CD games to mount.

My commands are pce [DTLoader-SCSI] and in vdl I got -mount scsi, "[RomPathFull]". Daemon tools loads up and then I hear a error sound and PCE loads up with no game.

dtloader.rar

GameEx.ini

log.txt

runit.bat:

chcp 65001

C:

CD C:\Users\Kerry\AppData\Local\Temp\Unzipped7-Zip

"C:\GameEx\7za.exe" l "Q:\Roms\NEC PC Engine CD\Roms\Ai Chou Aniki.7z" > "C:\Users\Kerry\AppData\Local\Temp\Unzipped7-Zip\list.txt"

runitgame.bat:

chcp 65001

Q:

CD "Q:\Emulators\\MagicEngine"

pce.exe

EDIT: I've also tried the commands at the end of this topic http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/10838-good-working-config-for-pc-enginetg-16-cd-using-magic-engine/and it used to work for me but no longer does. (Probably because of DT updating) What needs to be changed to make it work again?

Do you have to use an scsi drive? Try using a non-SCSI drive instead and see if it works.

Also does re-enabling QuickLaunch not still prevent loading or is it specifically Game Info causing the error?

Do you have to use an scsi drive? Try using a non-SCSI drive instead and see if it works.

Also does re-enabling QuickLaunch not still prevent loading or is it specifically Game Info causing the error?

According to everything I've read on multiple threads, it HAS to be an SCSI drive. idk why but everyone seems to agree that's what's required.

This is really starting to bug me. I turned off Quick Launch to load just GameInfo AND vice versa. Both instances I was able to load and unload a saturn game... I literally did NOTHING but disable those plugins last night after you told me to. THEN I was able to do so. But now I can run either and nothing gets messed up??? and it works with both enabled simultaneously now too. I'm so f$%*ing confused. Nothing was working until you told me to disable all plugins.....

I'll look into it. You know you can use Mednafen for TB-16 games? Just in case you got it set up already. Then you can just use the command line:

mednafen.exe -fs 1 "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

I know I just really prefer Magic Engine more. mednafen makes me angry for other reasons

/side note: it's worth the $20. :)

So then, everything is working fine except the TG16 emulator, right? And you tried it with the dtloader-scsi switch in the command line?

I only have pc-e games running atm, so I can't really test that in my current environment.

Can you post the dtloader log after you try one?

Yeah - not knocking it. Downloaded demo and looks very tidy indeed.

Had a play around with bin/cue files. I am working with the demo version, so not sure limits in any way. However, yer right uber - has to be mounted to scsi not DT. Also, this works in terms of mounting the image in the emu:

pce.exe -cd :t

this doesn't:

pce.exe -cd

Sadly - it boots to a black screen my end. You can press escape>Boot CD>[Game] and it boots just fine. Not sure how to enable autoboot. Wierdly, as commonly happens, searching + pursuing emu site doesn't yield any obvious command line lists..

Sorry couldn't be of more help.

• Like 1

Yeah - not knocking it. Downloaded demo and looks very tidy indeed.

Had a play around with bin/cue files. I am working with the demo version, so not sure limits in any way. However, yer right uber - has to be mounted to scsi not DT. Also, this works in terms of mounting the image in the emu:

pce.exe -cd :t

this doesn't:

pce.exe -cd

Sadly - it boots to a black screen my end. You can press escape>Boot CD>[Game] and it boots just fine. Not sure how to enable autoboot. Wierdly, as commonly happens, searching + pursuing emu site doesn't yield any obvious command line lists..

Sorry couldn't be of more help.

There are a bunch of CD settings in the magic engines ini, mess with those and see if you can get it working. Then tell me exactly what your gameex setup is (because I know my magic engine will work once it actually loads through GameEx properly) so I can apply them to mine.

There are a bunch of CD settings in the magic engines ini, mess with those and see if you can get it working. Then tell me exactly what your gameex setup is (because I know my magic engine will work once it actually loads through GameEx properly) so I can apply them to mine.

Translation: "Fix my problem for me then tell me what you did" :P

Just playin' ;)

• Like 1

Sadly Uber, because of the random/unknowable demo version issue making chasing this one down possibly a fools errand, not going any further with this. But I wish you god's speed, fella! I'd like to consider myself occasionally benevolent; however forking out £20 to fix another man's emu is a bit beyond my pale.. :)

;) back to null.

according to the website

Sadly Uber, because of the random/unknowable demo version issue making chasing this one down possibly a fools errand, not going any further with this. But I wish you god's speed, fella! I'd like to consider myself occasionally benevolent; however forking out £20 to fix another man's emu is a bit beyond my pale.. :)

;) back to null.

Heh, I'm right there with you man. I've never jumped wholeheartedly on the MagicEngine band wagon. The pay wall is a bit high for me, and according to the website it's not been updated since 2008(!). Now granted, maybe it really is just that good ... but to continue to charge a high price, while at the same time neglecting to make improvements for 7 years seems a bit ... disingenuous(?) to this here penny pinchin' sonuvagun. </editorializing>

I guess I am a little confuzzled. Is the mounting issue that was reported with SSF resolved? If so, is the issue now being worked a plugin loader issue or trying to figure out the command lines for Magic Engine to get the roms for it to load? If so and the DT loader issue is resolved, why isn't it being handled in a separate thread?

I guess I am a little confuzzled. Is the mounting issue that was reported with SSF resolved? If so, is the issue now being worked a plugin loader issue or trying to figure out the command lines for Magic Engine to get the roms for it to load? If so and the DT loader issue is resolved, why isn't it being handled in a separate thread?

Consider it done my good man! :D

Original Thread

Now can I go back to griping about MagicEngine? :lol:

Thanks null! I don't think we are dealing 100% with the whole beast and I also don't want to see yet another run-on thread where we are attempting to address one issue after another. It gets confusing not only ot us but to other members when we have to switch gears from one emulator to another then back again.

Not to mention developers who endlessly look at code and then determine it's more of a PICNIC then a code error. :)

I wish I could help out, but I need to set up mounting for this emulator still. Which I will.

And PS: $20 back in 2k6 was a small price to pay, this emulator was the only choice back then and I certainly got the $20 out of it. :)

I will say this for MagicEngine, it certainly has one of the nicest GUIs I've ever seen in an emulator. I love it when emulator authors go the extra mile and keep GUI elements in the same theme as the system being emulated. Kega fusion also does this to some extent, but MagicEngine probably does it the best.

Any hoo, I've started driving this thread off topic, so I'll turn it back over to uber.

• Like 1

PS: As an FYI to all of your questions - yes it matters if you have a paid version of Magic Engine. A lot of features are disabled otherwise including most importantly - proper command line support!

And yes i still think it is worth the purchase if you are a TG-16/Super fan :)

Meh hinstincts were right....

Not knocking the emu, nor the pricing - very nice GUI and seemed pretty stable when testing. I really don't mind donating for code - just that had Mednafen set up, so why make work, huh?

Meh hinstincts were right....

Not knocking the emu, nor the pricing - very nice GUI and seemed pretty stable when testing. I really don't mind donating for code - just that had Mednafen set up, so why make work, huh?

Couldn't agree more :) I bought it coz i do love the system, and Magic Engine really is flawless - it runs everything with no hitches, something that all alternatives came with a plenty. At the time of purchase i just wanted it to work, and ME did just that. I can't say i would do the same with many other systems though, coz they are not as special to me. Each to their own ;)

I would pay for a flawless Jaguar emu though :P