All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Custom Game Lists

zabrin

Sorry if this question was asked before....

I was curious if it was possible or even a way to have games from different systems in one list. So instead of having Atari 2600 and the like, having a list comprised of Final Fantasy games.

So my list would look like this...

Mame

Atari 2600

Nes

Snes

ect

ect

Final Fantasy

Thanks..

Z.

Likely you would have to setup an emulator slot for each system being emulated with a path to your ROMs and other assets for the specific game collection, then link them all together by adding them to an emulator group. That is one of the easier ways to do it. I am sure that you could do something using map files, but don't hold me to that.

• Like 2

I just started to play around with emulator groups...

So if I understand you correctly, I have to create a new setup for each emulator with roms and assets. Basically creating new directories for the custom list.

So right now I have this..

c:\emulators\nes

So I would have to make this...

(existing) c:\emulators\nes

(existing) c:\emulators\snes

(added) c:\emulators\nesFF

(added) c:\emulators\snesFF

While creating duplicate assets for the new custom list.

Z.

• Like 1

That is what I am suggesting. You should still be able to point to your still/video snaps in their main path. The main thing in what i am suggesting is separating the ROMs (copying them into their own folder).

Ok, I got ya...

I will have to give this a go tomorrow, I can't concentrate very well watching the red wings game. I will give this a go and come back with my results. Thanks Draco for the help!!!!!!

Z.

I have it up and running!!!!

What I had to do is create a new emulator(selection) for each system. Point it to the existing emulator in its install folder. Duplicate emulators are not necessary.

Then I copied the roms from my console rom folders to a folder "final fantasy". That way I still have complete sets in my normal EMU's. I set the roms up like this....

Final Fantasy

nes

snes

gb

gba

gamecube

wii

psp

psx

ps2

Obviously with the appropriate roms in the correct folder.

Then created a group with the new emulator selections and it worked like a charm.

Thanks Draco, you made this real easy for me!!!!

Z.

• Like 1

Instructions were great! The more I delve into GameEx, the more I like it. You guys keep up the great work!

Oh, I might as well ask this question, Multi disk games such as Final Fantasy 7 does not show which disk it is on my game list. How would I change the names to fix that? Map file? Dat file?

Z.

Oh, I might as well ask this question, Multi disk games such as Final Fantasy 7 does not show which disk it is on my game list. How would I change the names to fix that? Map file? Dat file?

A map file would certainly do the trick, but you may not have to go to those lengths. Depending on how your disc images are named, it may just be a matter of removing the parenthetical text filter in your settings. Check out the Remove Text in Brackets setting found on the Advanced Emulator Setup screen in the Setup Wizard.

• Like 2

Null, That did the trick...thanks!!!

I think I need to look at more of those commands in advanced emulator setup.

Z.