All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED]Help organizing pinballx menu with different apps/emulators

aldub516

So over in the gameex forum im dealing with a whole bunch of problems with interfacing steam pinball emulators (fx2 and pinball arcade). I dont want to mirror that post so ill ask a different question here. Is there a way to set up groups of folders in pinballx? Meaning, i have future pinball, visual pinball, and pinballfx2 and pinball arcade which are steam games. First off, all of my games for all 4 apps appear in one list on the main menu. The only way to distinguish them is by the details at the top which tell me what program runs the game. Id like to set it up where the main menu has VP, FP, Pinballarcade and pinballfx2, and then i can select one of those and go to the proper game list. Secondly, when i select a pinballfx2 game, it takes me to the actuall pinballfx2 program and main screen, as opposed to straight to the game. Is there any way to do that, or if not, can i just have a pinballfx2 menu item that i can select and take me to pinballfx2 app? I guess a workaround would be just naming 1 fx2 game "Pinballfx2" and when i select it it would take me to the app. Thats fine, but in that case id need a solution to the first question, how do i set up groups in pinball x. I played around with the game manager and groups but nothing really makes sense.

Thank you for the help

• 2 weeks later...

I basically found a work around that works for me. All visual pinball and virtual pinball tables show up fine after adding them in game manager. Pinball arcade and pinballfx2 were launching games, but just taking me straight to the actual app, so i added 1 game for each system, changed the icon to its respective emulators,so now on my pinballx menu i have all my VP and FP tables, and then 1 icon for pinballfx2 and 1 for pinball arcade. I like this setup very much. it keeps all my pinball stuff together but lets me launch right into fx2 and pinball arcade and use their own interface.. thanks for the advice lol :)

Why is this topic set to resolved ?

I would like to have the same groups that aldub mentioned.

At least I would like the tables of one emulator appear on the wheel together and not in alphabetic order.

And for aldub: nukelauncher for pa and for fx2 is doing what you are looking for.

You can launch a specific table in pa from pinballx.

Search for it.

• Like 1

Why is this topic set to resolved ?

I would like to have the same groups that aldub mentioned.

At least I would like the tables of one emulator appear on the wheel together and not in alphabetic order.

And for aldub: nukelauncher for pa and for fx2 is doing what you are looking for.

You can launch a specific table in pa from pinballx.

Search for it.

Could it be that the OP set it to resolved? If you are asking for a feature to be added then check out the PinballX Features and Enhancements request thread.