All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

14.03 Gamepad question

Krakerman

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the newest update for implementing the guide button. How can we disable the vibrtation thou on startup as now when GameEx starts up all my 360 controllers vibrate like hell and fall off my table (hahahaha) only when you startup GameEx this happens.

Scared the crap out of my cat! who happened to be on my desk. :lol:

Thanks

Yeah that's all I was asking for was being able to disable the vibration. ;)

Scrolling thru the game list would be a neat feature for the vibration as you scroll faster thru the list the vibration gets stronger maybe but not all the joysticks only the main one as it stands all my controllers vibrate.

• Like 2

Yeah that's all I was asking for was being able to disable the vibration. ;)

Scrolling thru the game list would be a neat feature for the vibration as you scroll faster thru the list the vibration gets stronger maybe but not all the joysticks only the main one as it stands all my controllers vibrate.

Very interesting feature that could be implemented!!!

+1 to this feature

Hi Tom, I wanted to make a small comment to try to improve this new option for the guide button of xbox controller.

1 - Is it possible to reduce the time you press the button to only 2 seconds? I think have to wait five seconds to exit the game is too long. With map key the exit is at the same moment you press the button. I understand it is to avoid accidentally pressing, but with two seconds would be more than enough in my opinion.

2 - (this would be great) If you press the button for two seconds the game exit, but if you press the button twice you go to pause menu in-game ... I think it will not be possible but I would like to have both options with the same button. If you think you could do this, I will be very grateful.

As always, thank you very much for everything you do for us and your great work.

2 - (this would be great) If you press the button for two seconds the game exit, but if you press the button twice you go to pause menu in-game ... I think it will not be possible but I would like to have both options with the same button. If you think you could do this, I will be very grateful

I already have this set in Global Exit on my 360 pad - "Back+Start" and it works great :)

I already have this set in Global Exit on my 360 pad - "Back+Start" and it works great :)

Hi Dazzle,

How can i configure the two options (exit and pause menu) with this combination? Where to put it on setup wizard?

Thanks in advance!!!

The two are separate, completely different commands. The "guide button" pause is completely new, but the global exit has been around for quite some time now.

To configure it load the Setup Wizard. Choose Custom> Input Settings. On this screen, navigate (scroll) to the bottom half. Find "Enable Custom Joystick Controls" and change/make sure it is set to "Yes"

Scroll down a little more and you will find "Global Exit"

In the "Joystick Exit" section you may notice some entries by default - get rid of them. To do this, click the Browse button - you will have two options... "Clear" or "Cancel" Choose Clear. Now you have a clean slate. Click the same Browse button again, followed by the first button you want as your exit combo. Do it again, followed by your second button. You can continue by a third, fourth, etc - it's up to you. You can have as many buttons as you like, but i prefer just a simple "Back" + "Start" on my 360 pad.

Once done, just boot GameEx and enjoy easy exiting ;) And you should be able to bring up the in-game menu with the (newly added) guide button.

• Like 3

I envision a slider for the vibration intensity, like low madium and high? Not having it vibe at all anymore kinda bums me out.

I really dig this button though, it was pretty useless before. Wish I thought of doing something like that first!! :)

The two are separate, completely different commands. The "guide button" pause is completely new, but the global exit has been around for quite some time now.

To configure it load the Setup Wizard. Choose Custom> Input Settings. On this screen, navigate (scroll) to the bottom half. Find "Enable Custom Joystick Controls" and change/make sure it is set to "Yes"

Scroll down a little more and you will find "Global Exit"

In the "Joystick Exit" section you may notice some entries by default - get rid of them. To do this, click the Browse button - you will have two options... "Clear" or "Cancel" Choose Clear. Now you have a clean slate. Click the same Browse button again, followed by the first button you want as your exit combo. Do it again, followed by your second button. You can continue by a third, fourth, etc - it's up to you. You can have as many buttons as you like, but i prefer just a simple "Back" + "Start" on my 360 pad.

Once done, just boot GameEx and enjoy easy exiting ;) And you should be able to bring up the in-game menu with the (newly added) guide button.

A very clear explanation!!! Thanks for your help, it works like a charm!!!!