All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[NEWS] GameEx 14.03

Tom Speirs

• Support for the guide button on Xbox controllers to exit the game or enter in game mode after holding for 5 seconds. By default it is set to exit games. Configure under input settings
  • Individual control of what happens for in game mode with emulators. You can make it enter in game mode, exit the game or disable it.
  • Now always hides the mouse cursor on display initialization.
  • YouTube is working again. This got broken when we created the new gameex.com site
  • gameex.com is now a fully mobile friendly site.

View the full article

• Like 2

I ran GameEx after updating and my XBox 360 controller vibrated itself off my desk, LOL! I have a thunderclap as my intro sound which may be an issue. It would be nice if the vibration was optional though, I can't find a switch in Setupwizard. Nice job on putting Youtube back, thanks.

Hello everyone !!!
I'm watching the latest features of the update and do not understand well this:
  • Support for the guide button on Xbox controllers to exit the game or enter in game mode after holding for 5 seconds. By default it is set to exit games. Configure under input settings
Can anyone explain more this? What's the "game mode" function? It's the same as pressing "esc" key to exit a game?
Thank you very much.

Hello everyone !!!
I'm watching the latest features of the update and do not understand well this:
Can anyone explain more this? What's the "game mode" function? It's the same as pressing "esc" key to exit a game?
Thank you very much.

I 2nd this. Not much information provided.

On a side note.. I'm now even more eager to get my hands on an Xbox controller for my PC.

I 2nd this. Not much information provided.

On a side note.. I'm now even more eager to get my hands on an Xbox controller for my PC.

I have an Xbox controller, but i don't know what this update can offer to me.... sorry... :( I will update this afternoon and try to view something in the config.

EDIT: Ok, installed the latest GameEx versión and now i know what this option is: You can choose between exit the game or return to the in-game menu options.

Very useful for me, because now i can remap all my buttons and not lose one to exit game function.

Thanks for this update Tom.

id like to assume the hide cursor on display was implemented to tag along with the new shelling app put out? I tried the new sheller on 8.1 and it worked fine, but i noticed the damn pesky mouse icon for a quick second which annoyed me.. then tada! i see this update, with the hidden cursor. I wish every at home arcader knew the wonders and amazing support and consistency of gameex and you sick people that make it work so well

• Like 1

Lol! Yeah noticed both my 360 controllers as well fell off my desk as they vibrated like crazy everytime GameEx starts up. I've been using the guide button for awhile with the use of Pinnacle Game Profiler but still a very nice feature to have now within GameEx however we need to be able to disable the vibration on startup thou.