All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Cannot use Version 4 Themes

brienj

I wanted to play around and design a new theme, but I am running into a big problem. Anytime I convert any existing theme, or even create my own new theme, and try to use Version 4, GameEx will refuse to load the Version 4 theme, and will always load the default theme. I checked the log file and noticed this line "Version 2 Theme being used. Loading."

So is there some setting to allow Version 4 themes? Any of the pre-made themes work when I select them in the theme selector, but if I try to make my own Version 4 theme and select it, it will not work.

Version 4 themes say that in the log. V4 is a modified V2 theme.

Ok, that explains that showing in the log. Now I have to figure out why it won't load the new theme and loads the default one.

I've figured out what was wrong. I selected "Change View" and it showed correctly. Now my problem is figuring out if there is any way to change the Image Object properties so it will stretch images to fill the area.

Also, I do not like the menu spanning the screen, and cannot seem to change the layout for the menu.

At present, the menu bar will span the screen. Not much to be done about it really. Hopefully when Evolution is released we will have much more control over that sort of thing. As for the image objects, you have to resize by entering the height and width or dragging the size anchors on the corners and sides until you have the size you desire. Good luck!

At present, the menu bar will span the screen. Not much to be done about it really. Hopefully when Evolution is released we will have much more control over that sort of thing. As for the image objects, you have to resize by entering the height and width or dragging the size anchors on the corners and sides until you have the size you desire. Good luck!

I understand how to resize the object, I mean is there a way to change how an image is displayed inside of it so it stretches and fills the area completely. For example, the images are showing up in the correct location, however, they are not all sized the same, so some of them do not fill up the entire area, and I do not want to resize thousands of images, that is a lot of work.

No. They zoom to fill as close as possible within the aspect ratio.

Ok, guess my idea for a theme is dead now, or I come up with several hours of free time to resize a bunch of images. Thanks for the answer.

Maybe I'll make a program to resize them all automatically, or find one already made.

Most images, such as what you may download from Emumovies, are going to be 4:9 ratio. So if you create an image box that is 800x600, 648x480, 1024x768, then the image will fill that object.

Most images, such as what you may download from Emumovies, are going to be 4:9 ratio. So if you create an image box that is 800x600, 648x480, 1024x768, then the image will fill that object.

The Marquee and Title images are not all the same ratio though, those are the ones I am using for Image2.

There is a bit of variety in marquee and title snaps depending upon the original sources for them, so you will have your work cut out for you there.

Yeah, I am about to just scrap my idea for a theme. If there were more options available in the themes, this would be easier.