All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] GameEx Game Card not updating properly

Draco1962

I have updated the background image for the GameEx game card and since played a game or two (last played was Asteroids Deluxe) but neither have updated? Any recommendations?

Yeah, I uploaded the background this morning, then played Asteroids Deluxe a few minutes after, so it should show January 2 and refelct Asteroids Deluxe along with the new background image. PinballX I did not change the BG file and it updated with a new game selection.

I also noticed a discrepency with the date/time on my user profile for the PinballX game card (shows October 29 and Blade instead of January 2 and Avengers as the last game played).

Its cached every 4 hours based on last updated machine for your user id and you used a different machine with PinballX before a few minutes ago. I made it refresh.

Note: the image is not cached just the last updated instance (PC) name. So if you suddenly login with a brand new PC build that will happen.

These issues are because you are using a new PC I think.

If its not a new PC build I think its just caching.

PinballX game card updated with the correct game info just fine and is showing correct in both GameEx Online, my profile, and in the forums. Just the GameEx game card has not as of now.

I just played Centipede. It shows as the last game played in my GameEx Online profile under GameEx, but no updates to the GameEx game card there, or in my profile or sig here.

OK, I think I have nailed it down to Chrome being a biotch and not updating correctly, even after clearing out the cache. Everything is viewing fine in IE 11. Dammit.