All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Problem with forum server?

hansolo77

I've been on this website for about 30 minutes now trying to browse and reply to topics. Seems like the server keeps getting hit with a major busy attack and times out. I've only read about 4 things so far, and every time I try to get somewhere new, the server just hangs on me. Replying is a chore too. Just thought I'd report it, have Tom take a look or something. Who knows, might just be me. :)

I'm not having issues, but I'm using tapatalk.

Ha, went to edit this and I accidentally liked my own post. Deleted that. I can try to access it on my computer to see if it will lag there.

My Xbox One's connection has been awful the last couple days, but that's a different issue. Sounds like they're having an issue on their end.

Well I think it's my problem. My modem is at a location close enough to my monitor that I can see it's activity. Looks like my internet connection has been resetting quite a bit lately. Uptime percentage is something like 60%. I'm going to have to try and figure this out. The modem was doing it a LOT a few months ago to the point where we exchanged it for a different brand. Looked like it was good for a while then this one has been doing it now off and on. I hate our ISP. They have a lock in our community where the only company we can have is Time Warner. Some kind of special agreement. Trouble is, Time Warner can't fix the problems our community has with low speed, line noise, and low cable tv bandwith because they need to lay new cabling but our community won't allow them too. This place was built in the 60's and is a condo community. Everybody who lives here (well, 95%) is OLD.. like in their 80s, and have no desire to have a bunch of cable trucks coming in to tear up the ground and continue the fiber optic line that ends at the street. They don't use high speed internet and only watch local cable tv so they don't need the higher cable bandwith for HD and digital tuning. We pay for 10mb down but we're lucky to get 2mb on a good clear sunny summer day. Our upload is something like 12k. My dad's DVR keeps dying because it loses signals. Time Warner can't do anything about it. We've tried to get the community to sign a petition, but nobody will sign it except those college kids in the apartment building 2 streets away. UHG I hate it.

Anyway, yeah enough ranting. Looks like it's on my end. Thanks.